Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Honda Element, when I lock my car it doesn’t beep like it normally does. It was working fine then one day just stopped working. All the doors and secure and shut tightly, the panic button still works/sounds the horn from my key fob, and the horn still works properly. The car is locking but the lights and horn don’t sound. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
I don't know how you managed this but if you find out, PLEASE let us know! I've been trying to stop that cursed horn honking ever since I bought the Element. Its only supposed to go after the second lock button push but it's SO easy to push it twice by accident.

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,530 Posts
I normally don't use my remote to close the doors, but, I did notice a while ago that my horn beep stopped working..... Wish I knew how that happened so I could share..... :unsure: ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2006 Honda Element, when I lock my car it doesn’t beep like it normally does. It was working fine then one day just stopped working. All the doors and secure and shut tightly, the panic button still works/sounds the horn from my key fob, and the horn still works properly. The car is locking but the lights and horn don’t sound. Any ideas? Thanks!
New Battery in remote needed

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do the lights blink when you push the button? If you try to lock the doors with a door open it will NOT beep but the lights will blink. Its possible you have a door button not making contact.

·
Registered
1 Posts
[/QUOTE. I have curtains on my element and if the fabric folds over the door or tailgate when I close it the car horn will not work if I don't move it.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Do the lights blink when you push the button? If you try to lock the doors with a door open it will NOT beep but the lights will blink. Its possible you have a door button not making contact.
On my '08 - if the door button doesn't make contact, the lights don't flash, the lock solenoids don't work, and the warning beeper just sounds a continuous annoying tone until you push the unlock again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Make, model and year?

For example, on the 2003-2009 Mercedes SL it can be disabled through software (IDS), because beep-on-lock is a market-specific setting. So the answer is going to depend on the car.

·
Registered
2003 SOP EX with the optional keyless entry
8 Posts
Did someone figure out the no honk when locked? My 03 doesn’t honk and if the alarm is on and I open a door manually it won’t sound, panic button works fine, all doors lock but pressing it twice won’t honk

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element 5 Door EX (2WD) KA 4AT
21 Posts
Did someone figure out the no honk when locked? My 03 doesn’t honk and if the alarm is on and I open a door manually it won’t sound, panic button works fine, all doors lock but pressing it twice won’t honk
Mine just got enabled last night. I'm dealing with other issues on the E. After running the motor for some time it tuned it off and then put the key on accesories to keep the smartphone connected to the OBD scanner (via bluetooth) and when i locked the doors with the keyfob i got the lights flashing it was weird because i remember it didn't do that since i got the E.
I unlocked the doors and the lights flashed twice. Then locked the doors again. Check on the internet and found it should beep if you press the lock buttton a second time on the next 3 minutes.
Went and tried it and got the honk. This morning while checking something the alarm went off, it haven't wen't off ever. I don't know if it could be a sequence with the key and the ignition switch.
I took the E to the mechanic and didn't try disconnecting the battery to see if the lights stops flashing when locking/unlocking.

·
Registered
2003 SOP EX with the optional keyless entry
8 Posts
Mine just got enabled last night. I'm dealing with other issues on the E. After running the motor for some time it tuned it off and then put the key on accesories to keep the smartphone connected to the OBD scanner (via bluetooth) and when i locked the doors with the keyfob i got the lights flashing it was weird because i remember it didn't do that since i got the E.
I unlocked the doors and the lights flashed twice. Then locked the doors again. Check on the internet and found it should beep if you press the lock buttton a second time on the next 3 minutes.
Went and tried it and got the honk. This morning while checking something the alarm went off, it haven't wen't off ever. I don't know if it could be a sequence with the key and the ignition switch.
I took the E to the mechanic and didn't try disconnecting the battery to see if the lights stops flashing when locking/unlocking.
The lights flashing twice it’s normal every Honda from those years do that, I removed the door panel and found a broken wire going to the door lock actuator, would that be the reason of the horn not honking and the alarm not going off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts