Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Honda Element, when I lock my car it doesn’t beep like it normally does. It was working fine then one day just stopped working. All the doors and secure and shut tightly, the panic button still works/sounds the horn from my key fob, and the horn still works properly. The car is locking but the lights and horn don’t sound. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I don't know how you managed this but if you find out, PLEASE let us know! I've been trying to stop that cursed horn honking ever since I bought the Element. Its only supposed to go after the second lock button push but it's SO easy to push it twice by accident.

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,443 Posts
I normally don't use my remote to close the doors, but, I did notice a while ago that my horn beep stopped working..... Wish I knew how that happened so I could share..... :unsure: ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2006 Honda Element, when I lock my car it doesn’t beep like it normally does. It was working fine then one day just stopped working. All the doors and secure and shut tightly, the panic button still works/sounds the horn from my key fob, and the horn still works properly. The car is locking but the lights and horn don’t sound. Any ideas? Thanks!
New Battery in remote needed

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do the lights blink when you push the button? If you try to lock the doors with a door open it will NOT beep but the lights will blink. Its possible you have a door button not making contact.

·
Registered
1 Posts
[/QUOTE. I have curtains on my element and if the fabric folds over the door or tailgate when I close it the car horn will not work if I don't move it.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Do the lights blink when you push the button? If you try to lock the doors with a door open it will NOT beep but the lights will blink. Its possible you have a door button not making contact.
On my '08 - if the door button doesn't make contact, the lights don't flash, the lock solenoids don't work, and the warning beeper just sounds a continuous annoying tone until you push the unlock again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Doesn’t work. Changed battery still honks. I’ve tried all of the suggested fixes on google no luck. My first Element it worked on but I have another same year Ele and no luck.
sorry to hear that - I'm not a mechanic so I'm out of ideas - good luck my friend!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Make, model and year?

For example, on the 2003-2009 Mercedes SL it can be disabled through software (IDS), because beep-on-lock is a market-specific setting. So the answer is going to depend on the car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Make, model and year?
It’s a Honda Element 2005 EX awd
For example, on the 2003-2009 Mercedes SL it can be disabled through software (IDS), because beep-on-lock is a market-specific setting. So the answer is going to depend on the car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts