Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All has anyone heard of or have any Idea on, my passenger door of a 2005 ex all wheel element Just stopped unlocking unless I put key in and turn at the same time of hitting the electronic unlock button all others locks are just fine tried other electronic button to make sure it was not just a weak battery. ?????? would this still be covered by a warrenty?

thanks for all input. JESS

·
Registered
174 Posts
You would have to see if your warranty(s) cover it but the factory one will not its to old unless you bought really late in 2006, and are under the miles.

Sounds like you have a bad wire, possibly shorted, since you can energize that circuit once you turn the key. Best I can do.

Chris

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
made appointment

thanks I wish I hadn't moved so far away from my mechanic, would have them pop the door open and deal.... made an appointment to see an check cost..... thanks again

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lock update

first of all thanks too everyone who replied...... now the weirdest thing,:shock: after months of the lock not working unless I put in key and pushed the button at the same time, and me hesitating to do anything since I am (still):? not sure what if anything was broken or wore out etc...... a friend reached for the handle and the door opened and has every time since.... whooo hooo ... no cost and solved itself.

JESS:lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts