Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

We picked up our Element off the lot from our dealer once we went thru the price and options.

I was wondering for those of you who ordered one, how long did you have to wait for your Element?

Who had the longest wait time?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tommy.roks,

Yes, here in NY, most have them in stock, around the country, and in Canada many people are still waiting. It may also have to do with color, but there are people who have ordered their Element and still are waiting for it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
[quote:d51a0aefca="RML"]tommy.roks,

Yes, here in NY, most have them in stock, around the country, and in Canada many people are still waiting. It may also have to do with color, but there are people who have ordered their Element and still are waiting for it.[/quote:d51a0aefca]they should all take a drive down to nyc to pick up their elements.. :D

·
Registered
894 Posts
Yes, I ordered it two weeks ago this Saturday from the dealer. They said last week it would be in after February 15th.

Unfortunately we can't take up the offer of the cars in NY from Canada - different speedometers and emission systes. :-(

Anyone have any expereince with the delivery time for accessories? Any delay on these?

Iskie

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Accessories seem to be worse than the Element itself.

I picked up our Element on the 14th of Jan, and I am still waiting for a few items. They hope to have them in soon, but I have not heard much yet.

H and A seems to have things in stock, but they are not shipping to Canada as best as I know.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Oh dear. I have a feeling I will be a very unhappy camper then. The foglights, security system, driver's side armrest, remote keyless entry I want the dealer to install. And that's a load of work there. I can do the mudflaps, the half-nose mask and the cargo net myself - they are easy to do.

I really don't want to have to go back and forth to the dealer repeatedly to get my "E" all dressed up - when I get it, that is.

Iskie

·
Registered
249 Posts
Talked to my dealer today :D I was told definitely it would be in either monday , or no later than Monday Feb 17. With all my options too. He said that Honda is really gearing up production since the holidays are over with, YEAH!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Isketerol,

I was able to get most of the things I wanted installed by the dealer right away. The air deflector (front), front and rear bumper trim, security system, floor mats, etc, etc, etc. The only items I ordered that were not in were the cabana tent poles, and the switch panel trim. The dealer had the bungees, but did not get around to having them installed by the time I wanted to pick it up. I have been promised that everything would be in and installed ASAP. I am calling tomorrow :wink:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Unfortunately, I discovered the EOC (Element Owners Club) after ordering my Element...could have saved some bucks. I rcvd my EX on Feb 24th and my dealer installed Security system, Keyless entry, wheel locks, flaps and mats before I picked it up. The steering wheel cover, fog lights, drivers armrest were back-ordered and installed yesterday, 10 days after I got the car.

Suggestions: if you want the steering wheel cover (i.e. not a steering wheel as listed on Honda's web site), buy it from H&A and install it yourself. Ditto the armrest (note: it has 3 or 4 positions for comfort, holds about 5 or 6 CD's and can be shared with your significant other).

Fog light "switch" issue: DOES NOT HAVE ANY of the features associated with the CRUISE CONTROL SWITCH/FEATURE (I.e. no indicator on Instrument panel , NO indicator light on switch, NO tactile feel for on/off)

·
Registered
80 Posts
i ordered a green ex 4x4 on jan.10 and im still waiting. they have silver and blue and black ,oh and there is an orange one. but not a green in sight. im patient , i didnt let them talk me into a color i didnt want.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Almondog,

Good choice. We went with the Green, and it looks great. :wink:

Silver,

The Fog Light switch does not have an indicator light, but the fog lights won't go on without the lights being on.

·
Registered
894 Posts
And conversly, the fog lights switch off with the headlights?

the installation instructions seem to say that there is a light-up indicator of some sort on the switch. Also, interestingly enough, the instructions say that the switch has to be purchased separately. Perhaps it is possible to switch the switch with one biught from an auto parts dealer?

Iskie

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just wanted to say i have fog lights and the switch has a green light on it just like the one on the cruise controll switch. :wink:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The fog lights won't work unless the regular lights are on.

Turning off the fog lights will not turn off the regular lights.

The Switch from the Fog lights is color matched to the interior of the Element (that is why it is sold sep). The switch has a light on it, that is on and off. The light is not on the dash board, but on the switch. It may be a bit hard to see while driving, but it can been seen.

I am sure if you wanted an aftermarket switch you could get one, and wire it up, but the Honda switch fits the area next to the cruise control, and is color matched.

·
Registered
30 Posts
RML, Isketerol, ElementH3,

Appreciate the heads-up regarding on/off. Looks like my only problem is a faulty green indicator light.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
isketerol: as far as back n forth for your acessories....

I picked up my (naked) element on January 25th.. My dealer and I decided instead of hauling back n forth everything would be installed when everything is in! So I will make one stop.. well actually they will pick it up leave me a loaner car (no charge) then when my element is completed they will bring it to me and pick up the loaner, great service. This is something you might want to discuss with your dealer. Mine did offer this with out me saying a thing.. they are awesome!

I do still have a naked element, since I am waiting for my toys! I have also ordered a couple other things from h-and-a.com site.. and they should be in on monday.. so they about less then a 2 week turn around it seems, or one business week.. so not too shabby! I also ordered some items from a dealer in NY (Boxcars, our resident dealer) and they came in, in about a week.

I too am getting the dealer to install the fog lights, security system, keyless entry, side step and things like that. they threw in the leather steering cover and bungee seat backs.

time frame for the dealer accessories so far: closing in on 2 weeks, (today is February 6)

Good luck & keep us posted on your choices.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Gypsytda,

I bet you are chomping at the bit.

I know I have everything in but 2 items, and I can't wait till the dealer gets them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well I didn't have a wait at all. I've been reading about the Elements and then on Jan 4th went down to my local Honda Dealer and they had 5 of them. I bought my EX Shoreline Mist Element and last week they still had the other four left on the lot.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts