Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
I finally outgrew my trusty Miata and have been considering an Element for some time.
Am definitely looking to get a used one. Budget is max of $10k for an EX model.

I am currently considering an 03 with 112k miles. Currently on 2nd owner, seems to be conscientious about its maintenance - from atleast 45k miles to 100,000 it was maintained by dealership.
From what i gather on the phone (havent seen it yet) It has a tow package, the front bumper was replaced after a slight fender bender, however the replaced bumper has been striating badly and will be replaced again. Front left strut squeaks a bit and it looks like a bad bushing. Owner might replace this. Slight tear on seat. I might throw a seat cover over it.

Owner wants $8750 for it. It is an hour's drive from me - Monterey, CA.

Is this a good price for a 112k mile '03?
Are there any '03 specific issues i should know about?

Thanks and looking forward to your assessment and hopefully join you all soon...

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
It seems a bit expensive right off the bat... But there are others on here that can chip in... Many have paid more... If it has that kind of damage, it sounds like a "trouble" E if the bumper is already having "issues"...

I say wait... Keep looking... I'm guessing you're in the San Jose area or the Peninsula...? For $10K, you could get a newer year with the same amount of miles... Just my 2¢...

Good luck...!

:eoc:
.L-B-D.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I paid $10k from a dealer last december for a 2003 ex with 48k miles. It seems like what you are looking at is priced a bit high and you have to be willing to own a car with 112kmiles.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I paid $10k from a dealer last december for a 2003 ex with 48k miles. It seems like what you are looking at is priced a bit high and you have to be willing to own a car with 112kmiles.
GOOD FIND!!! Hey Don, fill out the rest of your profile and post pics of your new (to you) E in the "Greets & Intros" section so you can get a proper EOC welcome...!

LBD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts