Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife and I are looking for and "E" with a manual transmission...in either 2wd or awd...we've looked at a few but haven't found the "one" yet...there is an "E" one province over, a loaded AWD 05, that we are considering making a road trip out of to check out, the catch is that it has a bit over 200000km's on it(125000miles for you Yankees..:grin:) We know nothing of it's service history at the moment-as we're still waiting for a reply from the seller, but the price and pics show well...Should we be extra mindful of an Element with this kind of mileage? Are there any mechanical red flags we should be on the lookout for? Thanks in advance folks!

·
Registered
180 Posts
unless it's used mainly on long, long drives, it is mind boggling for it to have 200k kms on it considering its age is all i can say.

i know they're using 20k kms/year as an average rate of travel...

it's a matter of confirming its background overall, usage, maintenance, carproof/carfax, etc. the usual works...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah the mileage has us a bit apprehensive, that said we're come from owning a Golf GLS Tdi and have avg'd 30,000km+ a yr on it just using it for bike racing and ski trips, so another 10,000km doesn't seem to unbelievable to us...that said it's the wear and tear of that many clicks that has us asking if the approx $11000 price is worth the mileage....

that said, the local autotrader.ca has an "E" on it for sale with "allegedly" 700,000k on it...that seems crazy imo.....

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
we're almost 240,000 km, so I don't think 200 k is out of line...

Even if it was used on alot of long road trips, I don't see that as a bad thing...

Changed the tires, brakes, and front struts so far. Need to do the rears, and compliance bushings. Other than regular oil changes, it's still 'chugging' along nicely!

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
that said, the local autotrader.ca has an "E" on it for sale with "allegedly" 700,000k on it...that seems crazy imo.....

Our local dealer has an 05 on the lot with 321,000 miles on it. It's a one owner dealer maintained! I will test drive it tomorrow, Just out of curiosity.
That's miles not Km.
He wants 5,500 for it.

Dom

·
Registered
197 Posts
hi miles E

Hey did you ever buy that E with that mileage on it? mine has 178K on and my wife and I are considering selling it for a lower miles one.

But our E still drives like it had 50K on it.

Our local dealer has an 05 on the lot with 321,000 miles on it. It's a one owner dealer maintained! I will test drive it tomorrow, Just out of curiosity.
That's miles not Km.
He wants 5,500 for it.

Dom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts