Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all my research indicates that it's being offered at fair price ... but I'm nervous about the mileage ... anybody got that many on theirs? Would anybody consider getting one with this many miles?

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I'd buy one with 200k + miles if the price were right and it appeared to be maintained well.

I like the pre-'07 models (especially the '04 and '05s) better than the newer ones.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the feedback! Apparently, this vehicle was used to transport portable xray equipment around the state, had all work done at the dealers etc ...

·
Registered
132 Posts
I assume for an '05 to have that many miles they must be "highway" miles, however that would be too high for me to purchase it.

Just my opinion though...

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
I also would consider one with that kind of mileage. I would start with a compression test. If that looked good then move on to things like shaft boots and seals, drive and half shafts, shocks/struts, and last but not least hoses and belts. If you have a good mechanic you trust, have him go over the transmission/clutch if it's M/T. Look for things like worn pedals. It will tell you how it was driven. Pull a car fax on it. If it was a pizza delivery truck, Pass on it.

Dom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts