Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Looks like a good deal, easy was to add the Ipod jack and no issue's
since you don't have the amp the EX/SC has.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone sell a plug-in the will allow an Ipod or other aux to play with the stock stereo?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
There are devices out there available to play an ipod or another device with your OEM head unit. But figure in the cost and you're better off just getting a new head unit.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Does anyone sell a plug-in the will allow an Ipod or other aux to play with the stock stereo?
http://www.gromaudio.com/store/all-hon1.html

that guy has alot of cool stuff that some of the more mainstream guys like PAC and PIE and Metra/Axxess dont have like some of the pc interfacing stuff from the factory radio, but he has regular aux in pieces as well, usb drive interfaces, all kinds of stuff.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Kenwood KDC is a good deck model, but the only issue I ever had with it was the EQ abilities are really limited. Sure, they are really easy to access by accidentally pushing in on the volume knob, so instead of turning up the volume, you turn the SW level up to 15, then back down to -5 or something trying to figure out why volume isn't changing, and depending on the KDC model, you may have to buy the IPOD interface cable, and they want about $100 for that. They may give them all with the deck now, not sure. You also miss a lot of features like Source level Adjust, and a HZ option for a subwoofer, but it's a good cheap deck.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very easy install....did not need any of the after market brackets. Wired the adapter plug together, plugged it in the antenna in and used the factory mounts. Works and looks great.:D

I like that that blue from the new stereo matches the blue instrument cluster lights.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
so you went with the replacement radio huh? good choice. although grom and others make nice interfaces you will be happier replacing the radio rather than "making the factory one work" with a bunch of extra stuff it didnt come with, especially since there is nothing preventing it from being taken out like A/C controls or other functions being built into the radio itself like the older accord and the mazda 6 etc.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I bought a Sony but didn't like it and sent it back and got the same Kenwood you got . I got one of those usb thumb drives this morning at Walmart. $12.00 for 4 gigabyte and put all my music on it. I think that's gonna work out better for me than the mp3 player.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Lol, serj.... I have that problem (EQ/vol) with my KDC, I just use the remote to get around that problem. I'm not sure what manufacturer the used but my usb to Ipod adapter on ran me around $60.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Lol, serj.... I have that problem (EQ/vol) with my KDC, I just use the remote to get around that problem. I'm not sure what manufacturer the used but my usb to Ipod adapter on ran me around $60.
Yeah, I just accidently pushed the button in all the time, plus that knob was really small, it looks like they made it bigger on newer KDC's. I have a Pioneer now with so many features (expensive) that I don't even know what all of them do. I just yesterday discovered YET ANOTHER Equalizer setting, for the Low, Mid, and High, where you could set the HZ, that I know what it does, much clearer now that each is in the appropriate range. But then you have the option to change each to 01N, 02N, 01W, 02W and I have no idea what those 4 things mean, and when I change them I don't notice a difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts