Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a used, stock steel wheel that will fit an '05 Element.

I'm in N GA. There are a few on eBay for around $35, but with about $25 shipping its a bit much.

Anyone in the N GA, E TN or W NC have one cluttering up their garage they'd like to let go?

Thanks,

[email protected]

706-492-3118

·
Registered
14 Posts
You might want to contact a few local Honda dealers to see if they have any "take offs" on hand. You can usually get them for $25-$35 and can pick them up to save shipping charges.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

I actually called a Honda dealer in Knoxville, but they never got back to me.

Time to be persistent, I guess.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update:

West Side Honda in Knoxville has them for $25, and I'm headed up there today anyway!

Thanks for the suggestions!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
You might want to contact a few local Honda dealers to see if they have any "take offs" on hand. You can usually get them for $25-$35 and can pick them up to save shipping charges.
What are those...?

LBD

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What are those...?(take offs)
Apparently its not unusual for someone to buy a base model Element and to pay extra for the optional alloy wheels. Since the buyer often does not think to ask for the old wheels, or gets credit for them, dealers often have some sitting around.

In any case, I picked up the wheel today and it looks brand new. $25 plus 9.25% (!) TN tax.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Apparently its not unusual for someone to buy a base model Element and to pay extra for the optional alloy wheels. Since the buyer often does not think to ask for the old wheels, or gets credit for them, dealers often have some sitting around.

In any case, I picked up the wheel today and it looks brand new. $25 plus 9.25% (!) TN tax.
Thanks for the help FEB...!

I'll go snooping around to see if my local dealers have 'em... I'm thinking to go find other rims for some snowshoes...!

LBD

·
Registered
836 Posts
ya great tip I've been wanting some steel wheels to see if i like the look, this is a cheap way to get them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts