Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

I have been looking at Element SC's for awhile now. I want one! Glad to have found this forum, very cool place.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to look (or NOT look)?

I have been checking Carmax and Cars.com. I am in the Los Angeles area, so somewhere in So Cal would be preferred. There is a killer looking blue one on Carmax but it is on the east coast with a whopping transfer fee.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and looking forward to hanging out here more when I get an SC to learn from all you masters!

·
Registered
28 Posts
autotrader. search radius from your zip can be expanded, 25, 50, 100, etc. specify used cars and use 2007 as the starting year, as that is the 1st year for the sc, i think

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your replies. Mileage wise, I am hoping for less than 20k. That craigslist search pulled up a nice looking blue one, I just contacted for more info.

I'm trying to read more on here to learn the differences between 07, 08 and 09. I haven't been able to find any thread that noted these changes but will keep looking.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Good luck with your SC search, ChazMania!

Engine-wise, the 07-08-09's are the same K24A8 @ 166hp. Drive-by-wire throttle system, 5AT or 5MT, etc...

07 and 08 SC's are virtually identical, 08 year introduced the Royal Blue Pearl color. 09's has the new squared-off body styling/head/tail/lights, ceiling storage console, Navigation (AT only), different seat print, and others (cannot remember off the top of my head).

Thank you for your replies. Mileage wise, I am hoping for less than 20k. That craigslist search pulled up a nice looking blue one, I just contacted for more info.

I'm trying to read more on here to learn the differences between 07, 08 and 09. I haven't been able to find any thread that noted these changes but will keep looking.

·
Registered
229 Posts
2008 sc!!

Yep, for 07-08's only.... The 09's SC's went back to halogen/reflector lamps.
My dealer was having a hard time finding me an '09 SC.... then an '08 SC in Root Beer Metallic showed up on the lot... I really like the projector lamps too. And that was part of my decision to take the used '08 rather than a non-SC '09.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Found one! Hoping to finalize a deal today. Once it's done, I will do the necessary pics and profile update, but it's an 07 in Silver, Honda Certified at the lot. Very clean and I want it.....

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Good news! Keep us in the loop how it goes.

Found one! Hoping to finalize a deal today. Once it's done, I will do the necessary pics and profile update, but it's an 07 in Silver, Honda Certified at the lot. Very clean and I want it.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts