Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,

I have been looking at Element SC's for awhile now. I want one! Glad to have found this forum, very cool place.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to look (or NOT look)?

I have been checking Carmax and Cars.com. I am in the Los Angeles area, so somewhere in So Cal would be preferred. There is a killer looking blue one on Carmax but it is on the east coast with a whopping transfer fee.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and looking forward to hanging out here more when I get an SC to learn from all you masters!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your replies. Mileage wise, I am hoping for less than 20k. That craigslist search pulled up a nice looking blue one, I just contacted for more info.

I'm trying to read more on here to learn the differences between 07, 08 and 09. I haven't been able to find any thread that noted these changes but will keep looking.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Good luck with your SC search, ChazMania!

Engine-wise, the 07-08-09's are the same K24A8 @ 166hp. Drive-by-wire throttle system, 5AT or 5MT, etc...

07 and 08 SC's are virtually identical, 08 year introduced the Royal Blue Pearl color. 09's has the new squared-off body styling/head/tail/lights, ceiling storage console, Navigation (AT only), different seat print, and others (cannot remember off the top of my head).

Thank you for your replies. Mileage wise, I am hoping for less than 20k. That craigslist search pulled up a nice looking blue one, I just contacted for more info.

I'm trying to read more on here to learn the differences between 07, 08 and 09. I haven't been able to find any thread that noted these changes but will keep looking.

·
Registered
248 Posts
2008 sc!!

Yep, for 07-08's only.... The 09's SC's went back to halogen/reflector lamps.
My dealer was having a hard time finding me an '09 SC.... then an '08 SC in Root Beer Metallic showed up on the lot... I really like the projector lamps too. And that was part of my decision to take the used '08 rather than a non-SC '09.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Found one! Hoping to finalize a deal today. Once it's done, I will do the necessary pics and profile update, but it's an 07 in Silver, Honda Certified at the lot. Very clean and I want it.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.