Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I'm in Reston and need to get a good 4 wheel alignment. Got any recommendations?

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
608 Posts
idk if this will help, but my friend works at the Goodyear in Sterling/Cascades... if you want to go there, his name is Mike. Tell him David sent you

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
idk if this will help, but my friend works at the Goodyear in Sterling/Cascades... if you want to go there, his name is Mike. Tell him David sent you
Thanks Dave, but that store is not getting any further business from me.

I had them play a pretty serious game with me where they failed me on the safety inspection for rotors being worn when they weren't. My wife had brought the car and the agent magnanimously offered to replace the rotors and pads for about $1k. She declined and just drove it home.

The tech had flipped the actual/minimum measurements and I figured it out and called them on it. They didn't even apologize.....

Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Thanks Dave, but that store is not getting any further business from me.

I had them play a pretty serious game with me where they failed me on the safety inspection for rotors being worn when they weren't. My wife had brought the car and the agent magnanimously offered to replace the rotors and pads for about $1k. She declined and just drove it home.

The tech had flipped the actual/minimum measurements and I figured it out and called them on it. They didn't even apologize.....

Thanks anyway.
I've been there before to get a tire rotation, alignment, and oil change...a day or so later I noticed something was off with the feel of my ride. I brought it over to a friend who is somewhat car savy, and he informed me that the tires looked as though they hadn't been rotated, and when he checked the oil, it was ridiculously watered down.

To say the least, I wish I would have seen this thread before your poor wife made the trip. I'm surprised they aren't out of business yet.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I havent actually been there, but I just thought Id recommend it. I go to the local dealership: 1. because my dad works there, 2. because I used to work there (and they still give me the employee discount), 3. because its Honda, and they know what to do. I think its ok to pay that little extra to get dealer quality and service

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I havent actually been there, but I just thought Id recommend it. I go to the local dealership: 1. because my dad works there, 2. because I used to work there (and they still give me the employee discount), 3. because its Honda, and they know what to do. I think its ok to pay that little extra to get dealer quality and service
It may come down to that, but my experience in the past is that specialty alignment services are more knowledgeable about the breadth of alignment issues than dealers.

I had a problem with a rear tiring "feathering". I was convinced the rear wheel bearings needed changing so I took it to Backlick Service in Annandale (highly recommended). They said the bearing were fine, but I had a feathered tire. They don't do alignment services or sell tires so they couldn't help me otherwise. The tech said rotate the tires and the noise will follow the tire. Sure enough when I rotated them the noise moved to the front. Even my wife noticed it.

After putting some miles on the car the noise has dissipated a bit, but I want to have the alignment carefully checked to make certain it's okay.

I have a feeling this started when we moved up here as I had loaded the car up pretty heavily and drove it from New Orleans, but I just want to make certain.

Thanks again,

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been there before to get a tire rotation, alignment, and oil change...a day or so later I noticed something was off with the feel of my ride. I brought it over to a friend who is somewhat car savy, and he informed me that the tires looked as though they hadn't been rotated, and when he checked the oil, it was ridiculously watered down.

To say the least, I wish I would have seen this thread before your poor wife made the trip. I'm surprised they aren't out of business yet.
I had taken my wife's Sienna to them to change the timing belt at ~100K like it supposed to. When we brought it in the rep indicated their computers were "down" and he couldn't give me a price.

Several hours later he calls to say it's something on the order of $1,500 which I found very high. I had told them to change the water pump and the radiator hoses while they were there and to change the spark plugs as it was time. I know labor up here is pricey, but I thought the price was high. They charged full price on the radiator hoses even though they had to remove them to change the water pump.

As they had the vehicle I begrudgingly consented as I had no way of retrieving the vehicle at the time and the work needed to be done. When I picked the vehicle up it ran much better and I could see the new parts so there was no question that the work was done.

But I was already leery and had decided I wasn't going to blindly give them any more work other than oil changes and inspections.

Until this episode.

In the future, I'll find someone else to do my work. I'm going to try Curry's here in Reston as they are close and I have had several recommendations for them. Not cheap, but honest. That's as much as I can hope for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts