Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for an Analog Clock Solution, and maybe Analog Thermometer for the dash.
I'm looking for a Classic Look and feel, but I'm not sure if these would look out of place with
the modern looking E Dashboard.

Let me know your thoughts!

I've Photoshopped a couple different looks.
These clocks are from http://www.formotionproducts.com
I have no affiliation, and am asking for any other solutions.
These can use adhesive, but also come with a more elaborate permanent installation, found on the web site above.

Can anyone recommend a product?

I'm not sure their White would look good with the Black Cluster, but that websites Black Clocks looked worse.
Here's a wider image...

·
1,049 Posts
Frozen E said:
Anything mounted on that piece just looks awful. Don't do it.

I have to disagree with your generalization.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,046 Posts

I have to disagree with your generalization.

You don't count. and I think we should put a cap on how many times you're allowed to post your pictures per year. Hehehe :lol:

Just curious...

...where it the passenger airbag located?
Right behind that monitor. In a crash that monitor flying at your face at eleventy billion miles per hour will remind you that you shouldn't mount stuff there. :-D

·
12,180 Posts
The passenger airbag is located under this panel. The airbag deploys upwards and over the dash. I would just becareful that anything mounted on the front panel does not have any sharp edges.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
The passenger airbag is located under this panel. The airbag deploys upwards and over the dash. I would just becareful that anything mounted on the front panel does not have any sharp edges.
I know. I just like giving T and his ready made E a little bit of crap. 8)

Yeah, I'm hating. :-D

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,928 Posts
I'm looking for an Analog Clock Solution, and maybe Analog Thermometer for the dash. ... I'm not sure if these would look out of place with the modern looking E Dashboard.

These clocks are from http://www.formotionproducts.com
I think the shiny chrome outer bezel would look out of place. One of their other clock lines comes in silvertone, black and stainless steel without the outer ring, IMHO the black face version in their motorcycle line without an outer ring looks better:

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sizing

I have those same clock/thermometers on my Harley. I believe they are not as big as your mock ups. Guessing they are about 2/3rds what you show.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You all convinced me.
I won't mess with a clock, especially in that section.
I'll continue to look at the clock on the OEM Stereo.

Thanks for all of the feedback.
Rick

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Try this one.................it could sit on your dash

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Found a Solution

I found a solution.
I used to keep a Timex Indiglo w/Flex Bracelet on the Rear View Mirror, in my Work Truck, but it bit the dust (The Work, The Truck, and The Timex).
I found a Oversized Russian Diver at Sam's Club, and I think it kicks a$$ there.
It's 52mm, and when wearing it on my wrist, I look like a Flava Flav Fan Club Member.:)

Picture

(No laughing, I really like it!)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
... I think the factory radio has a clock on it. And it's LCD so thats kinda old school compared to OLED.

·
Registered
22 Posts
analog clock

Liking the pic of the clock and thermometer [Post 1] dash mounted more and more. Thinking about adding it in spring. Could someone please photoshop the 2 in black face with the outer rings?? Would be a great help. Thanks. John

1 - 16 of 16 Posts