Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking for a used element in Austin and the dealer by our house has a2005 Honda Element EX SUV AWD A/T, Green, 52 K Miles for $14,995. We really like it but are concerned the price is too high. There is another dealer with the same car but manual trans for $11,995 up the road a ways. Opinions on this price?

Here is the one we like. KBB says $14,000 is the certified used price.
http://www.firsttexashonda.com/detail-2005-honda-element-ex-4359635.html

We are going with a used one because the moonroof is really important to us and can't get that new.

Thanks for your help! Can't wait to get one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Small world, I sat in that E last weekend and I am actually going back in an hour or so to look at and test drive a new 09. Dont worry, I am not looking to buy the 05 :rolleyes:

I think the price is high, but the E supply in Austin is pretty low right now, especially in AWD's. If your willing to drive a bit to Houston, Dallas or San Antonio I bet you can find a better deal.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
You won't do better than that even in Houston or Dallas right now. Anything with AWD and fairly decent mileage gets snapped up, even at a premium price. The AWD's (and the accompaning sun roof) in decent shape are getting rare.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i paid 12,330 for mine it was an 05 ex 2wd with 43k miles on it..

and ohh the sticker price was 17999. so it is very possible to talk them down.

so i would say try an talk them down some more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We didn't buy. We are in no hurry at all and it isn't exactly what we want.

We hear that 2010 is the last year before the redesign so we don't want to buy new until 2011. We are hoping they bring the moonroof back. I really don't like the big BOX without that window opening it up.
We did test drive a 2009 black element at First Texas. I love the lunch box!

We just really want the body panels that are the rough plastic, not the painted ones and we really want that moonroof. What we would love to find is a low mile 2007 or 2008 with these things. 2005 is a little older then we would like and that is why we didn't buy.

Now, gotta go work on selling the civic and the truck so we don't have 4 cars when we do buy!

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

We hear that 2010 is the last year before the redesign so we don't want to buy new until 2011. We are hoping they bring the moonroof back. I really don't like the big BOX without that window opening it up.

We just really want the body panels that are the rough plastic, not the painted ones and we really want that moonroof. What we would love to find is a low mile 2007 or 2008 with these things. 2005 is a little older then we would like and that is why we didn't buy.

Now, gotta go work on selling the civic and the truck so we don't have 4 cars when we do buy!
Don't forget their HONDA's--an 05 is still a great car, my 03 still runs and looks new:)
You can get a great deal, then wait and see if there is an 2011, if there isn't you still have a great car.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are they going to bring back the rough plastic panels? I have run into more things with my 2003 (telephone pole, had truck back into me) and you'd never know it. I decided I need to be completely wrapped in plastic.

·
Registered
30 Posts

Here is a new Craigslist post (In Austin) for a 05 AWD Ex green with 52k for $14k. It's a private owner and it has a Honda Extended warranty till 2012 or 96k miles. It has a bunch of add ons too.

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/1289813872.html

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, we did call this one today and are going to see it tomorrow.

I wish we had seen the ad earlier today but we spent the afternoon getting our civic cleaned, photographed, and listed for sale.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks, we did call this one today and are going to see it tomorrow.

I wish we had seen the ad earlier today but we spent the afternoon getting our civic cleaned, photographed, and listed for sale.

Awesome, good luck and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We are element owners! We bought the one on CL! We are VERY excited!!
It comes with an extended warrenty, rubber all weather mats, spoiler, side steps, cargo cover, moon roof cover, and chrome muffler....all for $1k less then the dealer was priced without any of those things. And they kept the car in perfect condition.

We will probably take off the plastic bug shield and guards over the windows. Those aren't really our thing.

Most importantly it already has the Element Owners Club sticker!!!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Congrats! And enjoy! Looks great.

·
Registered
297 Posts
wow, that's a great buy and a good lookin E

1 - 16 of 16 Posts