Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
1,812 Posts
I have a front ST bar. I removed it and installed a factory SC bar. The ST bar is garbage. The end links don't sit correctly and have a weird angle to them, made clunking noises.

The rear ST bar has been ok other than bushings noisey and wear. I replaced the bushings with factory SC rubber type.

$25.00 for the front bar, but no shipping local pick up only

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have a front ST bar. I removed it and installed a factory SC bar. The ST bar is garbage. The end links don't sit correctly and have a weird angle to them, made clunking noises.

The rear ST bar has been ok other than bushings noisey and wear. I replaced the bushings with factory SC rubber type.

$25.00 for the front bar, but no shipping local pick up only
Do you know the part number for that SC bar upgrade. This is an OEM part, right?

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
1,812 Posts
Do you know the part number for that SC bar upgrade. This is an OEM part, right?
No part #. You can find it on a honda parts site, just enter the vehicle as SC. Beware only the front SC bar will fit other models without modifications. The rear SC bar has different mounting. There are some posts here where they made adapters. The ST bar replaces EX and LX, but is no longer manufactured.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good information! Is the SC front bar worth the investment on its own? Just curious as I am used to hearing better results (albeit for Subarus) by changing out the rear first.

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
1,812 Posts
Good information! Is the SC front bar worth the investment on its own? Just curious as I am used to hearing better results (albeit for Subarus) by changing out the rear first.
No, it will induce more understeer. The nose heavy E does not need any more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts