Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking that it would make sense to hold out for one of these if I can. How likely is it that I'll be able to find this combo in the near future?

Side bags notwithstanding, I am trying to determine the invoice price of the new EX AWD's with 5spd, and not having any luck. The various services mentioned on carbuyingtips.com don't cover that model yet.

Anybody know what the invoice price will be? I found at least one dealer that has what I want, but I want to know the invoice price so I know how to bargain.

ALSO- it seems that the side air bag option is something that none of the dealers I have spoken with know anything about. I know more than they do just from reading this forum. Is it the case that it is actually a new trim model- the "EXS"?

I guess I'm gonna have to wait...

·
Registered
16 Posts
A local dealer actually just had a EXS, AWD, 5spd in SOP, no less. It was listed in the online inventory for all of 3 days (was probably a preorder).

·
Registered
156 Posts
You want what I want. A little math will get you to the rough invoice price looking at the other models' invoice prices -- find the diff between at and mt -- then add 250ish for sidebags and xx for AWD. Or look up my prvs post on this on one of these awesome E sites. Or just do what I'm doing -- make your best deal at XXX over invoice. Dealer gets the invoice when car arrives. You know it will be roughly xx cheaper than auto EX invoice, so plan $ accordingly.

As far as availability, you probably have to order it that way. This can be from weeks to several weeks. Me, I'm starting to cave on living w/o sidebags. This is kinda' torturous.

Good luck! PM me if you learn invoice, and I'll do same.

Steve

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is how I figure, based on the value of 5spd and airbags given by a dealer.

<pre>
19262 inv EX AWD auto
-800 5spd discount
250 side air bags
460 dest charge

19172 subtotal
561 3% dealer profit

19733 total

</pre>
t&t are additional of course

·
Registered
6 Posts
[quote:a9da9636eb="lkasdorf"]I'm thinking that it would make sense to hold out for one of t
ALSO- it seems that the side air bag option is something that none of the dealers I have spoken with know anything about. I know more than they do just from reading this forum. Is it the case that it is actually a new trim model- the "EXS"?
.[/quote:a9da9636eb]

my side air bag (2WD auto) EX is called an EXS on the sticker. It added about $250 to the cost.

robert

1 - 5 of 5 Posts