Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says I'm looking for input on what paint I should use on my next project. I'm getting tired of trying to keep the black looking black on the non painted parts of my E so this weekend I'm either going to use clear Fusion paint or black Fusion paint. I was wondering if anyone had done this? I know may folks here have used Fusion paint on the exterior parts of their Es with good results so I figured that's the way to go. Just not sure if the clear will bring the black back, or if I need to actually paint it black.:confused:

Drew.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
i would shy away from the clear if i were you. there are alot of things that can go wrong with that process and if it only happens on one panel you will still have to redo all of them with something else cause there is really no sanding those panels down and getting the same finish underneath for another layer of clear. with a regular color if it doesnt turn out good, sand away and refinish as many times as you need to get it right. i dont know what color to tell you to go with perse, but go with a color and not clear.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I met an E owner who took his E to the body shop , had the panels sanded and painted the E color , no more Mothers back to black , it is always an option , and reclad to go back :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts