Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
EOC Founder, Admin
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TireRack.com is the EOC source for tire & wheel info!!

If you're looking to buy some new rims or rubber, be sure to check out the selection at TireRack.com using the link below. If you make a purchase using the link below, you will be supporting the EOC community as we will earn a credit as a TireRack.com affiliate.

Shopping for tires and wheels?
Tires and Wheels

Questions about tires, rims, etc.? Check out the Tire Rack Tech Center:
The Tire Rack Tech Center

More tire and wheel info can be found in our EOC FAQ - linked from the navigation bar up top!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I will definitely give Tire Rack a crack @ the purchase. Right now I'm looking for info on the size that will fill my wheel wells without having to drop the standard height. I have played (just a little) with the tire choices they have, but not the rims. I was thinking it wouldn't give me the type of experience I can get from the members.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I purchased my rims and tires from TireRack.com and I have to say they are a top notch company! I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted when I first logged on to their site but they made it very easy. I entered my vehicle make, model, and drivetrain (EX 4WD). They actually showed a picture of my vehicle with stock rims and when you picked one of the many rims available, it showed you what they would look like on your vehicle. Too Cool! Once the rims were picked out and placed in a shopping cart, TireRack asked if you would like tires for these rims? They offered a very large selection of tires and you could choose multiples and compare them head to head. They also gave real consumer's opinions and reviews of each tire. Based on an average consumer rating of 9.5 (out of 10) I purchased my tires. They mounted and ballanced the tires at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE! Shipping charges were very reasonable and I had them drop shipped to my local service garage. Once I saw how they were packaged and the insructions that came with them, I decided NOT to have my garage install them, I DID IT MYSELF! I do have to admit it was easy because I only had 35 miles on the "E". My Element drives like a dream even in rain and snow. I would recommend my wheels and tires for anyone looking to put 18" rims on there "E" without going too radical. They were the closest thing I could find to a "stock" element 5 spoke in 18". I don't know why but I always felt the 16" stock rims looked too small.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I personally recommend Tire Rack. We have several vehicles, and they get ALL their new shoes from the rack. Never have I ever had a problem, and they are lightning quick!

My E is currently sporting BfGoodrich GForce 245/55/18s!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I think tire rack is rather spendy. I got my 18's for $500. Try finding some quality 18's from tire rack. And I got TSW.
L.

·
Registered
474 Posts
L.
Can you recommend quality "unspendy" websites for rims?

Peace

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey E Mental do you have a pic? Like to see your rims.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Nat said:
L.
Can you recommend quality "unspendy" websites for rims?

Peace
U betcha!! Cheapwheels.com. Yeah, sounds kinda "cheap" but they were great to deal with. Excellent customer service, quick shipping, and cheap.
Good Luck!!
L.

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
E MENTAL said:
I gather you have no problems with clearance with the tires you have on your E, but I did notice that 235-50's are 1/2 inch smaller and will turn 13 revolutions more than the stock tire/rim combo. Do you notice a speedo difference or gas mileage loss?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Does anyone know if the AXIS reverb rims will fit the E :evil: Just wondering Im stuck in Iraq and have limited time to check on things. Thanks for anyones help It is appreciated.

·
Registered
311 Posts
We should have every new rim and tire pic on here for everyone to decide what they want on their "E", here's mine, Tim

·
Registered
496 Posts
The rims above and the ones on E MENTAL's Element I heard got the most comments at the Big E Meet in Columbus. The photos don't really do them justice. Really nice looking sets of rims and tires. You can't go wrong either way.

Joe Mama

·
Registered
323 Posts
this is one of the best sites i've run across to find out what fits:

http://www.bigwheels.net/index.php

a little pricey, but they let you know what fits and what doesn't when you put your vehicle info in.

·
Registered
400 Posts
wingdr said:
We should have every new rim and tire pic on here for everyone to decide what they want on their "E", here's mine, Tim
VERY VERY NICE! looks very NICE!

would luv to see a full body pics showing rims/tires if possible.
by what way what are the sizes you have???

·
Registered
311 Posts
Thank you. :grin: The tires are 235/50-18 BFGoodrich G-force TA's- KDWS and the wheels are silver, Enkei EVO 5 's, 18 X 7.5 inch, 45 offset, Tim

·
Registered
17 Posts
whats the bolt pattern of the E?

399-875-2635HS 18 7.5 35 5 x 112/114.3 72.6
399-8750235HS 35 5 x 100/114.3 72.6
399-875-0145HS 45 4 x 100/114.3 72.6
399-875-1145HS 45 4 x 100/108 72.6
399-875-0245HS 45 5 x 100/114.3 72.6

I love the Above enkei wheel ;)

1 - 20 of 82 Posts