Honda Element Owners Club banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the recommendations. Replaced BFG Long Trails 225/70/16 with Michelin LTX M/S2 225/70/16. The BFGs were about $450 a couple of years ago and 40k miles. The BFG LTs were ok tires, they were a bit noisy, wore evenly, braking traction and wet driving was about a 7.5 out of 10.
I was shocked by how much better the Michelin LTX M/S2 is. These tires are amazing. They are very quiet, track well, handle well in the rain and the traction is much better than the stock Wranglers and the BFG LT. The Michelins are order of magnitude better. I hope these tires last for a long time. I love them and the way the 2008 E handles with them. The LTX M/S2 is the Cadillac of tires for the E. These tires are like buttery goodness.
I was frightened by Discount Tire's initial $996 quote. I did get them down to $712 OTD or $150/tire plus tax and mounting. In and out at Discount in less than an hour. Thanks Discount, Michelin and EOC.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Langly, thanks for taking the time to write a very good review on the Michelin tires. I like the Buttery smooth statement. It almost made my mouth water.:lol:

Thanks for your support as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Help

Hi guys,

wondering if you could help me... I have an "X WAVE" 2WD LX. I want to put on 18" wheels w/ at least a 235 width. What offset do I get? Is it possible? It says the floor is lowered. I don't think that means the whole truck, right? - thanks, christian
Lowered Floor Width: 28" Lowered Floor Length: 55"Lowered Floor Depth: 10"Door Opening Height: 56" Interior Height: 59" Ramp Width: 42"(base) - 29 3/4" (tip) Ramp Angle: 10"

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Hi guys,

wondering if you could help me... I have an "X WAVE" 2WD LX. I want to put on 18" wheels w/ at least a 235 width. What offset do I get? Is it possible? It says the floor is lowered. I don't think that means the whole truck, right? - thanks, christian
Lowered Floor Width: 28" Lowered Floor Length: 55"Lowered Floor Depth: 10"Door Opening Height: 56" Interior Height: 59" Ramp Width: 42"(base) - 29 3/4" (tip) Ramp Angle: 10"
I would look for a 7.5" to 8" wide wheel with around a +40mm offset. This will work well with 235/55-18 tires.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
The 245/50-18 size will work too but the 255/50-18 is slighty to wide and may rub.

Here are the wheel and tire options we offer for your application.

Honda Element 18" wheel options

Honda Element 18" tire options

Give us a call at 1.888.459.4080 if you would like any assistance setting up a new combination. We mount, balance, and ship all wheel and tire packages for FREE!
Ok, I think I'm going to try the 245/50-18 size. I don't know much about tires, which do you recommend that are better in snow? I live in Washington, DC and won't be changing them out (winter/summer), so I'd rather get a good set that will have good traction.

-thanks!
c.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
My #1 recommendation in this size would be the Michelin Primacy MXM4. These are outstanding all season tires that ride great and have a 55,000 mile warranty.

Michelin Primacy MXM4 245/50R18

If you are looking for a little less expensive tire the Kumho Ecsta 4x KU22 may be a good option for you. These will give you solid year round traction and have a 40,000 mile warranty.

Kumho Ecsta 4X Ku22 245/50R18

Both of these tires qualify for up to $100.00 in rebates if you purchase before Sunday June 16th.

Please call us at 1.888.459.4080 if we can assist you more with your order.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Need new rubber - Recos?

Hey Everyone,

It's been a few months since anyone posted to this thread but can anyone recommend a set of tires for a 2005 AWD E that has to deal with Chicago weather (a mix of every type of wet/snow roads)? Also, it would be great if the tires gave me a softer ride. Right now, it when I hit bumps at speeds above 45 mph, it feels like my E just ran over a parking barrier and I get a big "bam!" sound. New passengers usually look at me with the look of "is your car all right?" after that happens. Had the suspension checked out and it's all good, so I'm blaming the tires (right now).

I see that many folks like Michelin LTX tires. Are there others you'd recommend for wet/snow/icey weather 6 mo. of the year?

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Hey Everyone,

It's been a few months since anyone posted to this thread but can anyone recommend a set of tires for a 2005 AWD E that has to deal with Chicago weather (a mix of every type of wet/snow roads)? Also, it would be great if the tires gave me a softer ride. Right now, it when I hit bumps at speeds above 45 mph, it feels like my E just ran over a parking barrier and I get a big "bam!" sound. New passengers usually look at me with the look of "is your car all right?" after that happens. Had the suspension checked out and it's all good, so I'm blaming the tires (right now).

I see that many folks like Michelin LTX tires. Are there others you'd recommend for wet/snow/icey weather 6 mo. of the year?

I recommend taking a close look at the Yokohama Geolandar ATS. This model is comfortable to ride on and handles all-weather conditions well.

215/70-16 Yokohama Geolandar ATS

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hey Everyone,

I would advise you get winter tires for the Chicago weather.

Once it gets back up and stays above 45 degrees - swap back out to your all-seasons. The cold weather is most likely making whatever tire you have on there hard as a rock - hence the harshness on the bump. What's your PSI and what tires do you currently have?

Blizzaks are good. Hakkapeliittas are good.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm looking for tires for the stock 16 inch wheels. As much as I want to put 225/75/16 off-road ish tires on it, the car will be spending 99.9% of its time on the street...
Let's face it...when I go camping it's with the gmc...

Anyways, that being said, I do have my bc coilovers with a slight lift, just so I can have a little bit more user friendliness when driving,
Not having to slow for driveways as much, bumps/potholes etc etc...
I have a sports car as well and it's like I have to creep around in it if I'm driving through town/city...

So... I put the stock sized tire in tire rack and was looking for good street tires that were not 50,000 mile tires, but something that had some grip and I wasn't finding anything.

I don't care about great long lasting tires. I want good traction, something that stops good, turns good... A good street tire...
I didn't find anything. It was budget crap, or eco high mpg or AT tires...

Anybody found anything that's a good street tire but has some side wall so I can stick with the factory wheels?

I really don't want to buy new wheels for this... (They would be methods but my wife says no extra budget for wheels)

·
Registered
18 Posts
got repairs scheduled to front suspension in the very near future and will need to replace all 4 skins ... any one have Continental Cross Contact LX 20 on their E? if so, thoughts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
got repairs scheduled to front suspension in the very near future and will need to replace all 4 skins ... any one have Continental Cross Contact LX 20 on their E? if so, thoughts?

I’ve got them on my 2011 4WD E. Live north of Boston, so weather and rough roads are facts of life.

Second set of tires on. The E, so probably 40,000 miles on them. Tread getting low, but usable

I commute 50+ highway miles (art 128/95!) daily. Wear, traction, and noise are all good. I like to set the pace in the snow, traction was good when new, floating a bit now.

JT

·
Registered
141 Posts
I purchased my rims and tires from TireRack.com and I have to say they are a top notch company! I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted when I first logged on to their site but they made it very easy. I entered my vehicle make, model, and drivetrain (EX 4WD). They actually showed a picture of my vehicle with stock rims and when you picked one of the many rims available, it showed you what they would look like on your vehicle. Too Cool! Once the rims were picked out and placed in a shopping cart, TireRack asked if you would like tires for these rims? They offered a very large selection of tires and you could choose multiples and compare them head to head. They also gave real consumer's opinions and reviews of each tire. Based on an average consumer rating of 9.5 (out of 10) I purchased my tires. They mounted and ballanced the tires at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE! Shipping charges were very reasonable and I had them drop shipped to my local service garage. Once I saw how they were packaged and the insructions that came with them, I decided NOT to have my garage install them, I DID IT MYSELF! I do have to admit it was easy because I only had 35 miles on the "E". My Element drives like a dream even in rain and snow. I would recommend my wheels and tires for anyone looking to put 18" rims on there "E" without going too radical. They were the closest thing I could find to a "stock" element 5 spoke in 18". I don't know why but I always felt the 16" stock rims looked too small.
Link to the RIm/ Tires you purchased pretty please?

61 - 80 of 82 Posts