Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang
Just got my 06 Y package and i am in need of a roof rack ... need the cross rails that mount to the Element itself not an aftermarket rack

Can anyone point me in the right direction??

Thanks all
Scott
Saskatoon Saskatchewan Canada ... Eh!!

·
Premium Member
14,898 Posts
Welcome, Evolvedigital.

I moved your thread here to Racks, Hitches & Towing. You will find many recommendations, but I can give you three hints: OEM, Thule, Yakima. You can buy the OEM rack from site sponsor H and A or another online vendor. The others are easy to find, too.

Enjoy your reading.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
H and A ... ?
is there a web address
Scroll down on this page until you find H And A Accessories.

Also just to clarify i have yakima and Thule accessories that i want to mount on my E but i need the "Honda" roof rack/rails
:confused:The Yakima or Thule accessories will usually fit either manufacturer's cross bars. Why does it have to be honda?

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Umm cuz its a Honda vehicle .... hahaha My element has no crossrails
(flat roof) who ever purchased it originally must not have gotten the rack as an option
Both Thule and Yakima make mounting hardware that will allow you to put their rails on an Element. They mount at the same place as the Honda rack. The advantage over the Honda rails is that the Thule and Yakima are rated for more weight and either can be easily removed when you are not using them. I recommend locks.:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Both Thule and Yakima make mounting hardware that will allow you to put their rails on an Element. They mount at the same place as the Honda rack. The advantage over the Honda rails is that the Thule and Yakima are rated for more weight and either can be easily removed when you are not using them. I recommend locks.:)
Good to know ... i hadn't ever checked for that ... thought they just made stuff to attach to factory racks. I am just looking for something to mount my snowboard rack to ... will look into it thanks.

but if anyone does have Honda rails they want to sell let me know:)

Saddly H and A doesn't ship to Canada... guess its ebay for me

·
Premium Member
14,898 Posts
Many Element owners have Thule and Yakima racks—the complete setup.

I don't like to bash the OEM racks, some folks like 'em, but you should also be aware that a) the crossbars are curved, maybe good or bad, depending your point of view; and b) they're also wide, which can make it more difficult to attach aftermarket/homebrew accessories.

You will find part numbers and other pertinent info in this section.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.