Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All!

I'm looking into making the switch from a 2012 Subaru Forester to a Honda Element. Ideally, I'd like to find an '07 or later model with around 90k-130k miles on it. I would like to get an ECamper installed to turn it into a multi-level camper. I have a dog who sits in the backseat and commute to work most days so I need a daily driver as well. I figured this would be a perfect compromise.

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on what to ask/look for in Elements described in my range above. Common service issues/other issues? Any advice and insight is appreciated!

Also if anyone has advice into camping with the Element, that is appreciated as well. I mountain bike and ski, so would have a hitch rack or a roof rack. I travel often into the mountains so I was wondering about load capacity and clearance. How reliable is the AWD/4x4 model in terms of sketchy roads, snow, etc. I definitely would put good snow tires on it, but because of where I live, snow performance is essential.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Honestly, keep an eye on Facebook marketplace or go to auto auctions. The Elements are so old now that any traded into dealerships go straight to auction. I realized that I needed to buy a cheaper well used Element and build it up vs finding a unicorn. That way, I've saved money in the long run because regardless of whether I paid $3800 for one that needs work now and put $3000 into repairs or paid $8000-10,000 for one that seems good, I'd be spending that same $3000 more in repairs over the next 5 years anyway.

·
Registered
Tangerine 2008 EX-P Auto AWD
37 Posts
I used auto trader and car fax. By the time I saw the ads most of the elements were already sold. I paid 8k for mine. I have already had to put a ton of work into it as well. I am with other guys. buy one knowing you will have to put some money into it. there was a guy on here just recently trying to sell two of them. search elements on the east coast for sale... I will try to find the thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts