Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...something I'd like to know is whether or not a rear bench seat can be purchased. While there are typically only, at max, 4 of us in the car, we do go on vacation from time to time with my mother in-law, so having 3 seats in the back would be ideal. I've heard tale, in the past, that it's possible to get a bench seat for the rear, but I wanted to know if this is, in fact, possible. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don’t think so. There’s plenty of room for cargo but another row of seats, i don’t see that happening. Plus there’s no way to mount a row unless you modify wheel storage that’s underneath and probably fabricate seats from scratch. Plus plus it wouldn’t be comfortable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply! I do have to say, though, that I'm looking to replace the already existing second row with a bench seat, not add a third row.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Only the Japanese version has a lap belt in the middle....

Reactions: linkinpark187

·
Registered
2007 Element EX AWD AT (two!)
497 Posts
I think you would have to fabricate something. If you're handy, get a set of rear seats you don't mind butchering and fabricate a base that goes all the way across. Maybe find a bench seat from another vehicle that is the correct width, then figure out how to attach it to the Element rear seat bases. If you can't do it, find a shop than can. Personally, sounds like a good excuse not to take your mother-in-law along.

I had to do something similar (but easier I think) in my Ford E350. One of my daughters broke her hip when she was 12 (17 years ago) and was in a half body cast. I took one of the bench seat backs and used some steel angle pieces to mount it flat with the base to make a wide platform on which I could lay her down and use the three sets of seat belts to strap her down. Good thing she was small (and I was a lot younger), I could easily carry her.

·
Registered
35 Posts
...something I'd like to know is whether or not a rear bench seat can be purchased. While there are typically only, at max, 4 of us in the car, we do go on vacation from time to time with my mother in-law, so having 3 seats in the back would be ideal. I've heard tale, in the past, that it's possible to get a bench seat for the rear, but I wanted to know if this is, in fact, possible. Thanks for the help!
It was only meant to transport up to 4 people. Anymore than that dissolves the safety integrity of the car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts