Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
My brother had a 2003 ex AWD that was totaled out. We're trying to find another in the socal area. If any one knows of any good deal please point it out to me. We're having trouble finding elements for sale by owners.

We want a AWD EX auto with about 80k miles for 8k. Year isn't really important. Would like one with a passenger arm rest.

Some list AWD and other 4WD is there a difference?

Is there a for sale sub forum for cars on here? I couldn't find it.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
AWD implies that all wheels are driven all the time, think Subaru.
one version of our vehicles has 4WD when the system thinks it's needed and FWD the rest of the time, to save gas. the other version of our vehicles is FWD all the time and doesn't have the extra stuff to switch to 4WD when necessary.
so, when looking at Elements, AWD and 4WD describe the same vehicle. the 4WD descriptor is just more accurate.
i think that Honda realized that most folks don't know the difference between AWD and 4WD and used a logo that can look like either, depending on the viewer's frame of mind.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2007 Honda ELEMENT LX for sale by owner

2007 Honda ELEMENT LX for sale by owner

My husband and I have a 2007 Honda Element LX 2WD. It is in good to excellent condition per appraisal by our auto mechanic (who is a very experienced and reliable expert), and we have been fastidious about maintaining our car every 3000 miles for all oil changes, tune-ups, check-ups, etc. We have full maintenance records available. The car was purchased as a brand new car by us in 2007 from an authorized Honda dealership (Norms Reeves Honda in Covina, CA). We have been the sole owners of the car. The car has never been in any type of accident. The exterior and interior of the car hav been kept in excellent condition. We also have installed a great audio system in the car (we like it better than the original Honda stock system since the original stereo did not have an auxiliary input - and now it does!). The car has automatic transmission, and the color is Atomic Blue Metallic. We love this car, but are wanting to buy something bigger.

The mileage of the car is 104,000. The Kelley Blue Book Value for private sales (we used "Good" condition as the gauge, although our auto mechanic who is a no-joke guy says our car is between "good and excellent" condition) is at $10,175. We are listing the car for $9800 which is below the Kelley Blue Book llisted value, but we are open to negotiating.

Please respond to this posting if you are interested in knowing more. [email protected]

We look forward to hearing from you! Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts