Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! this is my very first post on the forum. Brand new user. I have a 2007 honda Element SC and I'm looking to put a hitch on it to carry a 2inch hitch mounted bike carrier. I've called the usual places around where I live (uhaul, autozone, a couple of private shops) with no success... Everyone says I need to trim my bumper. Does anyone know of a place where i could get a (class II or III) 2 inch hitch for my SC, where I won't need to trim my rear bumper:?:
THANKS!!!

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Everyone says I need to trim my bumper. Does anyone know of a place where i could get a (class II or III) 2 inch hitch for my SC, where I won't need to trim my rear bumper?
Nope.:roll:

It is not the end of the world to cut about a 3"x3" section out of your plastic bumper cover. Several EOCers have done it and it looks quite good. If, sometime in the future, you decide to remove the hitch you can always buy a replacement bumper cover without the notch.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've been doing research on this the past week or so and have come to the conclusion that I'm just going to have to trim the bumper. It kinda sucks, but if done right, it actually looks pretty good. When I order it and do the installation I'll take pictures and start a thread on it.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Or just put your bikes inside?

I often put 2 large mountain bikes in there standing straight up with the front wheels turned. A few bungees and you're good to go.

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
I bought a "Curt Manufactoring" 2" reciever hitch to mount bike rack.
Did not require cutting cover, easy install Im very happy with it.
Here is end result
You dont have an SC. The SC bumper is way different than yours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts