Honda Element Owners Club banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Looking through this post was interesting, if anyone is thinking they can use a 4 5 or 6 point harness attached to just a harness bar, have a look at this picture. They bend like a banana, sure the mounting points are still intact but the bar just bends in the middle

·
Registered
823 Posts
Also I am impressed with how well this Volvo did in a rollover crash test even if it was only 30mph

·
Registered
823 Posts
I know this post is a bit dated, but would be interested in pics of your seat installed.
How about a long-term review?

Thinking of upgrading the seats in our E :)
if you get some seats make sure they are good ones and not some cheap aftermarket junk like the ones in this video which collapse all too easily. Look at how useless even the seat belt becomes when this seat back collapses

·
Registered
2004 SOP EX/AWD/MT
274 Posts
Good Info (y)
Starting to think that racing seats don't play nice with a tight suspension...for a daily.

I think I'll focus more on coilovers or koni yellows (RSX), when my KYBs wear out.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Good Info (y)
Starting to think that racing seats don't play nice with a tight suspension...for a daily.

I think I'll focus more on coilovers or koni yellows (RSX), when my KYBs wear out.
How do you like your KYB struts? With their new strut plus complete assemblies coming out soon I am curious if you notice any difference in feel, riding or handling vs OEM since you put your struts on. Also did you use the KYB strut with OEM springs?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Good Info (y)

I wouldnt go with a one piece non reclining racing bucket seat. I had one briefly in my sports car, they get uncomfortable for daily driving very quickly.

But a high quality reclinable seat from a really good manufacturer would be an upgrade for sure. I like Recaro myself over the other brands.

I find them the most comfortable and some models have quite a wide range of adjustment. I was told by my local retailer that they have a patent on the way their seats are designed that no one can copy and it is key in why their seats are more comfortable than other manufacturers.

They are of course not cheap, no surprise but this does seem to be a case where you get what you pay for.

If you have a local retailer near where you live that has some on display in their showroom definitely go give them a test fit. They are something else. There's certainly a reason why so many manufacturers for so long have had Recaro make seats for some of their special model cars

·
Registered
823 Posts
Oh and I forgot to add, also be aware that there were alot of knock offs of aftermarket seats from Recaros to Bride of Japan etc. So much so that Bride of Japan stopped making some of their seat models

I have had a chance to try several different brands at various local retailers from Sparco, Recaro, Corbeau, MOMO, Kirkey, and cheaper seats like NRG, APC and other lower priced no name brands.

I had a genuine Bride of Japan seat but I would say Recaro is head and shoulders above them all. Mind you there are other brands I have not had a chance to try which I have heard good things about like OMP, Status, Sabelt, Scheel Mann etc

The Scheel Mann seats look like they could be good for the Element

http://scheel-mann.com/trucks/scheel-mann-seats-the-perfect-upgrade-for-the-mercedes-sprinter

I wish there was some place close by where I could try them out. Getting a good aftermarket seat is definitely something you want to try before you buy unless they have some no questions asked 100% money back guarantee including all fees, taxes, shipping brokerage charges etc

·
Registered
2004 SOP EX/AWD/MT
274 Posts
Yes, I retained my original springs.

Overall I'm pleased with the performance from the KYB struts/shocks.
I think they make a nice affordable alternative for our Es.

The complete KYB units might tighten up even more, with the included suspension springs.
You know your suspension is on the comfy side, when you accidentally drive over a speed-bump without too much harshness :p

·
Registered
823 Posts
Yes, I retained my original springs.

Overall I'm pleased with the performance from the KYB struts/shocks.
I think they make a nice affordable alternative for our Es.

The complete KYB units might tighten up even more, with the included suspension springs.
You know your suspension is on the comfy side, when you accidentally drive over a speed-bump without too much harshness :p
Thanks I am looking forward to the complete strut assemblies becoming available soon from KYB

·
Registered
823 Posts
And although I raved about Recaro it should be noted that at one point they had a recall on their Pole Position seats, they are a one piece race bucket style

21 - 30 of 30 Posts