Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally i was drawn to my E because of the room but this seat is killing me, its uncomfortable. So ive been searching for new seats to put in the car but have a few questions and wanted to see if i could get some incite.

1) if i get new seats do they have the spot under the seat where those 2 harnesses get plugged into?
2) can any seat be installed into any car?
3) with new seats will i be able to lay them back and have that bed the car is set up for now so i can sleep in it while camping?

I am a big man 6' 350 pounds i need a solid seat so any of these seats i find on ebay are for skinny racers not me however i did find a few sites that had information but idk if they will fit. check these out and tell me what you think.

http://www.extremegearoffroad.com/corbeau.htm
http://www.seats4cars.com/products/moab.htm

has anyone done a seat swap without welding and creating custom brackets?

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
Best thread I've found is this one. This thread is also relevant, though the photos have disappeared.

> if i get new seats do they have the spot under the seat where those 2
> harnesses get plugged into?
Doubtful. If the replacement seat has a seat belt engagement sensor and emergency tensioner, you can reuse the connectors from the stock seat. Otherwise you might lose the use of your front air bag and tensioner. Your 2003 DX doesn't have side air bags, which does simplify things.

> can any seat be installed into any car?
Lots of seats can be made to fit—for enough money.

> with new seats will i be able to lay them back and have that bed the car
> is set up for now so i can sleep in it while camping?
Depends on which seat you install. Many recline, but not all do.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
interesting. I wasnt trying to weld and wanted to do the swap myself.

As far as the airbag and other dongle not able to be reconnected will i get a light on my dashboard warning about that.

Also do they sell replacement seats that arent racing seats? I just want a standard seat to swap in. Cant find it anywhere. Being a big guy i cant be stuffed in on the shoulders and the thighs. any ideas?

·
Mod-erator
4,573 Posts
I think finding the seat from another vehicle you like is the first obstacle. A salvage yard will be your best bet unless you're willing to fork out some serious $$ and order a new one from the dealer.

Then look into a fabrication shop that can answer the question for you about incorporating the seat into your element.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea that makes sense. I just like doing things myself. In due time. I just stuffed some memory foam into the seat where it was dipping and made a center console to lean on. Now i like the seat lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally i was drawn to my E because of the room but this seat is killing me, its uncomfortable. So ive been searching for new seats to put in the car but have a few questions and wanted to see if i could get some incite.

1) if i get new seats do they have the spot under the seat where those 2 harnesses get plugged into?
2) can any seat be installed into any car?
3) with new seats will i be able to lay them back and have that bed the car is set up for now so i can sleep in it while camping?

I am a big man 6' 350 pounds i need a solid seat so any of these seats i find on ebay are for skinny racers not me however i did find a few sites that had information but idk if they will fit. check these out and tell me what you think.

http://www.extremegearoffroad.com/corbeau.htm
Aftermarket Moab Seats for Jeeps, Cars, Trucks, Street Racing and OffRoad

has anyone done a seat swap without welding and creating custom brackets?
I found OEM replacement seats at rock auto.com for about 250.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts