Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just purchased our first Element a few months ago. It has 19,000 miles and is in great condition. My only glitch is the steering is very loose in the 'center' position causing nausea-inducing handling for many of our guests/passengers. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm wondering if there is a quick mod or addition to help the handling.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
A 2010 E with on 19k miles should not have such a problem and as noted, it could be an indicator of pending part failure. This car should still be under warranty, so take it to a dealer and have it assessed for what's wrong.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I haven't been on in a while, bizzy with life..lol. Any hew, I have had 2 Elements (both bought new) a 07 & now my 11. Both are auto Ex's W/ 4WD. I always thought the steering was tight & responsive.
Id go have it checked out by a Honda dealer like mentioned above.
Good luck...

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Exact same symptoms mine had at "brand new" from the showroom. We checked the alignment, balance, even tried swapping the wheels around - no good. The problem was the Goodyear Wrangler HP tires and the problem vanished as soon as I spent good money to replace them with something else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts