Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a problem with the plastic trim around the rearview mirror coming off? We had it replaced by Honda about 1 month after we bought our E, but since then, it is begining to come off again...is it just a glitch in our car or is anyone else experiencing this problem?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yeah, mine seems pretty firmly attached as well... haven't noticed anything odd up there. Only thing that seems flimsy to me is the "2 screws only" license plates...

Drew

·
Registered
21 Posts
mine fell out after about 2 weeks and ~600 miles. Told the dealer. They said they're ordering a new one. But after reading these postings, i think the new one will do the same too.

yeah, i'm just going to glue it just like what one of the posters suggested.

·
Registered
106 Posts
yup, all I have to do is close the door too hard now that it's loosened.

·
Registered
83 Posts
No problems with the rearview mirror. Or the windshield. Or the driver's seat. Or the hatch. Or the. . .

But it's only been six weeks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
:idea:
Hey everybody, I think I found the solution to the loose rear view mirror trim piece. With the trim piece loose grab the vertical tabs with your thumb and forefinger and preload the plastic by sqeezing them together. Remember not to get excited and sqeeze too hard and break the piece.
Slide the front tongs in place first then carefully snap the verticals back up!
Mine used to slide off the next day but since I did what I described it has not fallen off in 2 weeks. Good Luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts