Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
tire rack will be the cheapest or any other online. more stock cheaper pricing. just need a local shop to mount and balance, should be around 100. glwf

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
If you're looking to purchase local check in with your closest America's Tire. Our Black Friday Promotion is still running and as always we guarantee the lowest OTD price on all the products we carry. If a competitor ever has a cheaper advertised delivered price we'll beat! This includes on-line competitors as well!

Details: http://www.discounttire.com/blackFriday.html

·
Registered
77 Posts
La

I would be interested in a good tire for LA. It only rains 15 times a year and I would like something quite with nice gas mileage.

Thx.

·
Registered
168 Posts
What about high performance tyres? I know a buddy on here told me I should look into Hankook V12 evo's, which are sweet, but don't seem to come in our stock size...

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
What about high performance tyres? I know a buddy on here told me I should look into Hankook V12 evo's, which are sweet, but don't seem to come in our stock size...
High Performance Summer type tires like the V12 are usually lower profile, 55 series and below. The OEM 215/70-16 size does not offer anything that would be considered high performance.

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
High Performance Summer type tires like the V12 are usually lower profile, 55 series and below. The OEM 215/70-16 size does not offer anything that would be considered high performance.
blah! guess I need to go buy rims again :(

·
Registered
78 Posts
tires

what would be an acceptable upgrade size? Any problems going bigger? pros and cons? waded through all 50+ pages on tires and wheels and left stupid. Getting rid of the wranglers after 30,000miles.. They are not very good tires.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
what would be an acceptable upgrade size? Any problems going bigger? pros and cons? waded through all 50+ pages on tires and wheels and left stupid. Getting rid of the wranglers after 30,000miles.. They are not very good tires.
What do you mean by upgrade? Larger tire? Larger wheel? Better tires for your stock wheels?

What are you looking for in a tire? How do you use your E and how many miles do you drive per year?

·
Registered
78 Posts
need new tires

I just want to get away from the bad bad wranglers and the stock size
215's and maybe go to 225 or 235-65 pr 235-60x16. I have searched and done my homework but I am not versed as you about tires. Looking at the Yokohama
YK580, BF Goodrich Long trail Tour, (Bridgestone Turanza, Alenza) Firestone Destination. I use the E on the road mainly commuting in the Bay Area. I want traction, handling, quiet and mileage in that order. I have only 31,000 in just short of 4 years as I have a work truck. I leased it then bought it. Thanks in advance. Mike in Fremont, Ca.

What are pro and con of sizes listed above, 225/70/16 235/65/16 and 235/60/16

1 - 15 of 15 Posts