Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I first noticed the issue a month and a half ago when my auto driver side window button wouldnt work then would, then one day it went from that to the whole car almost killing me. I was in kroger and I couldn't get the car to start. Like no light's not a single sound. Even the anti theft light wasn't blinking. I got it started somehow and I pulled onto a side road leading to the main road and the whole car just locked up and shut off. No break's or steering and I just rolled to a stop. Got it started again somehow (seriously no idea) and took it to my dad to check and the battery was loose so we tightened everything and jump started it. It ran for a few hours then it stranded me at walmart til I could be jumped. And on my way home I noticed the dash was flickering off and on and the headlights were shutting off too. Took it to autozone and he tested the battery and said the battery is trying to keep it running and the alternator isn't putting enough out so the battery is trying to cover it. Got it home and haven't moved it sense two day's ago. You guy's have any idea what it is or is he spot on? It wouldn't make sense as the alternator was done 6 to 7 months ago. But I wouldn't be surprised if the alternator was done poorly because my sister who thinks she's an expert in car's did the battery (which was loose) and alternator. I am taking it to a Honda specialty mechanic on Wednesday but I'd like to have some type of idea of what's going on when I get it jump started to take it there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts