Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this forum hope someone can give me some insight. I own a 2006 Element EX with Manual Trans. This is the first issue I have had since ownership. I have been meaning to get my E in the shop due to a grinding sound when the wheel is turned in either direction, when I need to make tight turns with the car it feels like it is fighting itself and the stearing wheel is not maxed out in it's turning radius does anyone know what this could be my power steering fluid is at the suggested levels. (anyone else ever have this problem.

* This is the question I really hope someone can help me with. Yesterday my wife and I experienced our E totally shut down on us while turning on to a on ramp. Our Element completely shut down there was no stutter or signs of problems. We lost power stearing and the car just shut down. I was able to pull of to the side of the road and re-start the car we drove off again and the same thing happened this time our check engine light along with the oil presseure and battery light came on.

Anyone ever have this problem. Our E is going into the dealership tomorrow and Im hoping some of you can help a not so mechanical element owner out

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
The chatter when turning is the rear Differential fluid needs to be changed. You must have more than 30,000 on it for it to do that. Just change it yourself. Use only Honda Dual Pump Fluid II !! There are instructions on this forum. It's easy and it will save you about 100$.

The other trouble will be easy to figure out when you have the codes pulled from the engine light.

Dom

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Ditto.

The chatter is almost definitely the rear differential and the dealer can pull the trouble code for the check engine light.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.