Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have lost all of my electrical power on my 2007 Honda SC.

The Element is completely dead.

I replaced the battery with a brand new battery and it did not fix the problem.

No power locks, lights, internal locks, radio, instrument panel, starter, beeping. No electrical period. Car is completely dark.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Break out the multimeter and start checking the resistance at the main grounds and check the fuses in the box under the hood. Electricity has to have a complete path, just follow from the battery until you find the break.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just checked fuse #19 (100 amp) and it is bad. It looks more like it is cracked and not burned. Anyway, I am going to get a new fuse to replace it since a new fuse only costs $3.50 and that is much less than the cost of a tow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I repalced fuse #19 (100 amp) today and this resolved the problem. I also found that my AMP fuse (20 amp) was also blown so there was no volume on the AM/FM/CD player.

I replace it. Now, it appears everything works fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, was the original battery in my '07. So, I got a new battery out of the deal, I suppose just before it was going to die on me for good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have lost all of my electrical power on my 2007 Honda SC.

The Element is completely dead.

I replaced the battery with a brand new battery and it did not fix the problem.

No power locks, lights, internal locks, radio, instrument panel, starter, beeping. No electrical period. Car is completely dark.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
StevenC Thank you so much for the advice. I've been troubleshooting a similar problem wit my 2003 Element.
Your solution worked. Whew, I can go to work tomorrow. Happy New Year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts