Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Megan and I were at the vet's office today...
MegP9280040.JPG

While I was waiting for her I read this wonderful book. It's called "Lost: Lost and Found Pet Posters from Around the World". This hand-bound book is a collection of Lost pet posters from around the world. The little illustrations from the author are marvelous. The posters are touching, sometimes funny, and often heart-wrenching.

The lost poster that made me laugh out loud and I am still quite curious about is 'big black lab, no legs, needs medicine'. How did HE get lost :confused:

book cover
lost1.JPG

book back cover
lost2.JPG

-g

Some reviews:
"LOST for all its apparent oddity and awkward comedy is a book that tells a story on every page." -- Blueprint, July 1, 2002

"LOST is an interesting, telling and worthwhile collection." -- January Magazine, June 20, 2002

"[LOST is] a book devoted to a poignant folk art. . . .Cute and compelling." -- Sunday Telegraph Magazine, June 23, 2002

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
I found a puppy once, I made some "FOUND" posters, drew a crude picture of a small black lab puppy and walked down the road and began posting the signs.

A young boy rode up on his bicycle and asked what I was doing, so I told him and he asked if he could help and I said yes.

After we finished hanging all the signs he went home. About 10 minutes later he came over and knocked on my door, I asked him whats up? He said I think that's MY puppy, I showed him the puppy and he said it was his.
Wow, all he had to do was check if his small black lab puppy was home before he made me hang all those signs!:-x then I had to go take them all down!

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
I found a puppy once, I made some "FOUND" posters, drew a crude picture of a small black lab puppy and walked down the road and began posting the signs.

A young boy rode up on his bicycle and asked what I was doing, so I told him and he asked if he could help and I said yes.

After we finished hanging all the signs he went home. About 10 minutes later he came over and knocked on my door, I asked him whats up? He said I think that's MY puppy, I showed him the puppy and he said it was his.
Wow, all he had to do was check if his small black lab puppy was home before he made me hang all those signs!:-x then I had to go take them all down!

Awwww!

:p

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Megan looks good. You are taking good care of her.
Thanks dog-drool.

Megan looks awful - frightened, skinny, matted fur...:sad:

She should come visit Cheyenne in a few weeks. It'll fix everything that's wrong with her :razz:(isn't she just a gorgeous little princess!?)

Oh yeah and the book looks good too!
I would like to come "rescue" Cheyenne cuz last I saw her she looked undernourished, unhappy, and unloved.

:lol: :lol: Jojo you are making that up.

-g

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
I would like to come "rescue" Cheyenne cuz last I saw her she looked undernourished, unhappy, and unloved.

-g
You must've been looking at another Cheyenne. Mine's fat, spoiled rotten, sassy, and drop-dead gorgeous. I've made the offer to compare in person, you just need to get your butt over here...:rolleyes:

She is a bit lonely now that she's an only dog and daddy's working away...:sad: Hopefully for not much longer now though!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You must've been looking at another Cheyenne. Mine's fat, spoiled rotten, sassy, and drop-dead gorgeous. I've made the offer to compare in person, you just need to get your butt over here...:rolleyes:

She is a bit lonely now that she's an only dog and daddy's working away...:sad: Hopefully for not much longer now though!
I'm sure :-( I know you both miss Gonzo dearly.

-g

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I found a cat a few months ago & I made lots of posters too........ no luck finding the owner though.... :-(

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Welding gloves? Chainmail Filleting Gloves? Asked Politely?

Oh, wait, this was the chewed up moron who couldn't tell it was a Possum...
Here's hoping rabies can act like chlorine in the gene pool...

As for the puppies, they just need some stick time (as in fetching) and maybe a couple of pig ears (for good measure)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts