Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just loved the screw-up warning.

For the alarm system, instead of taking everything on the dash apart to mount the led's, couldn't you just find another suitable (read viewable) location to mount them?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Extremely well detailed site! Have you ever thought of offering your services to IKEA to develope their assembly instructions! :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
e-j,

How did you remove the driver’s dashboard lower cover?

When I tried to install the keyless system, it said:

"Remove the driver’s dashboard lower cover, turn
the knobs clockwise, then pull the driver’s
dashboard lower cover out toward you to release
the six retaining tabs."

I turned both knobs clockwise fine but when I went to pull the lower cover toward me to remove it, only the left side came loose. I pulled pretty hard and I couldn't get it loose from the right side.

Thanks for the help,
Jim

·
Registered
27 Posts
[quote:fbe30d14d4="JazzFusion"]I turned both knobs clockwise fine but when I went to pull the lower cover toward me to remove it, only the left side came loose. I pulled pretty hard and I couldn't get it loose from the right side. [/quote:fbe30d14d4]

I had exactly the same problem. The door would not release on the right side. After giving it a good yank and failing, I became concerned that my next effort would break the panel.

I wound up having to install keyless from underneath, which is still a snap. (Took me 15 minutes instead of 5.)

But, fogs are next and I need to get into this panel. So, any tips on how to get the right side to release? Just pull hard, or is there a trick?

TIA!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Under Image Gallery, the moved post about the hidden hitch says you have install info on the hidden hitch....couldn't find it on your site.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes, that side can be very problematic. When I went to install my keyless entry, what I did was to reach underneath until I could feel the small tabs holding that side up. By gently pulling forward (or backwards, I forget now), I was able to release that side.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I pulled an Arthur Fonzarelli - one thump to the lower right side and it popped right out. Of course, it will only work if no one is watching you. If any one is, the blow will result in all tabs breaking off, the horn sounding and the windshield wipers going off javascript:emoticon(':wink:')

·
Registered
351 Posts
Regarding the fuse panel door:

Once you get it out, take some sandpaper or a plane to the right hand side. Only take a little off, then the panel will fit fine, and be much easier to remove.

·
Registered
87 Posts
yup...been there..
thanks for the website
and that really helps..
as i am thinking about upgrading my speakers... :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
see, the "arthur fonzarelli"s i am hoping to get away from-lets leave those to the vee-dub owners! i demand hard science!! i want it all in mm's and ft-lbs's!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts