Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
may have found my 2nd vehicle. i always said my 2nd vehicle would either be a CRV or a RIDGELINE. i think i may be jumping towards the CRV now..... look how awesome it is just with a little lift and bigger tires:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would definitely rock that, except for 2 things: 1) the main reason I bought the Element is because my bikes can fit in back standing up (not the case for CRV), and 2) interior of CRV is kind of soccer mom-ish (which I guess you could change with a little work).

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
they dont make a lift kit for the E
no! no! no! they dont, BUT!!!!!

you CAN lift the e!

im not sure where. but insert the right search on this forum, theres a guy here who lifted his e using polyurethane bushings he found at industrial plastic supply.

a 3 inch lift. which by the way, + tires. looked brutal.

but ah... i gotta say. that crv kinda looks cool, cept if your looking to make yourself a modern suzuki samurai, get a rav4. its alot meatier looking. that crv a bit too mom-van for that scenery. no?

·
Registered
183 Posts
The guy who pioneered the lift is Sparman. Another member BikerJosh did the lift and his E looks awesome. I got the chance to see his personally and I must say his E looks like a rugged off-road vehicle and thankfully he uses it as such.

But...just like the CRV, the Element is not really off-road worthy by any standard. The Ridgeline however has "real" 4WD and a locking rear differential which makes it a true off-road vehicle. Why spend money sprucing up a CRV when you can have the real thing with a Ridgeline?

·
Registered
89 Posts
What year is that CRV? It's not the new design is it? I think the one in your pics looks cool, but I think the new rounder ones would look a little silly like that.

·
Registered
142 Posts
^ Likely a '99 or '00, judging by the color (Clover Green Pearl) and plate number. The 1st-generation EX had no exterior design changes throughout its run ('97 to '01), so model years can be tough to peg otherwise.

;-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts