Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Element, it’s at 191,000 miles and is quite literally falling apart. In the last three weeks I’ve had to replace spark plugs, ignition coils, o2 sensors, catalytic converter, fuel pump, and my muffler/tail pipe (the tail pipe literally fell off in my driveway due to a rusty muffler).

I repaired all of this myself besides the cat and muffler because I can’t weld. It seems like it runs good the day after I fix it, and gets worse than it was prior the next day. I’m having little to no power in first gear and low power in second. Third and up seem fine but getting there is a struggle as it doesn’t really want to and I don’t want to force it. This doesn’t happen every time I accelerate, but it is frequent. It sometimes feels like it’s about to stall, and other times just seems to have trouble getting up the gears or shifting up and down from second. It happens more going up hills, I’m hoping my transmission isn’t going out. I’ve spent so much money fixing this car and I can’t afford another fix or another car at this point. Please anyone give me some advice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have the valves been adjusted should be checked every 90,000 to 100,000 miles
Not in a while, though I’m not certain it’s due yet. The code is reading knock sensor 1 now, but the engine itself sounds fine so I’m assuming the sensor is just bad and causing the lack of power.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts