Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed on the passenger side, where the seam in the floor meets the door sill, it tends to have a little dip or low spot in it that's about a foot long. It then levels out as it moves into the foot well. My son rode in that seat a couple of days ago with wet boots and I noticed today that there was still water that had pooled up in that low spot. Is that low spot normal? Comparatively, it's pretty level on the driver's side and near both rear doors. I don't mind wiping up the water but it seems like the floor should be a bit more level. Could water that collects there get under the flooring and create possible moisture problems - or does the flooring material overlap with the door sill somehow?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
The low spot is normal. The floor is molded to follow the contours of the floor pan (parts of the exhaust are under the passengers side floor)

I took my floor out once . . . :grin:

The first pic is right-side-up and shows a ~1 inch lip that helps prevent liquids spilling over; the second pic shows the floor flipped over and the various insulating pads. The unfortunate coffee color stains are Starbucks Venti's that flew out of the (undersized) cup holders and ended up sloshing around and up and over the lip I guess :-(

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow Box4Rox what a great reply with photos of the floor construction - Thanks! I see the 1" lip you're talking about especially in the area in question (just to the right of the word "strap" in your photo). Jeez - the whole thing has a vertical edge on it practically all the way around. This just shows you the thought put into the design of these vehicles! I can also see the various insulating pads would create slight elevations under the floor.

Sorry about the coffee spillage!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Sorry about the coffee spillage!
My Daughter drives it now (but I still get to change the oil !!!) . . . I don't even want to begin to imagine what is under there now. :eye:

I was able to remove most of the coffee stain with Folex and bleach/water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts