Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I have been trying to purchase an 09' SC for the past couple of months. I can't even begin to explain the difficulty I have had finding one at a dealer. It seems like no one has them around here (Toronto area). I was hoping to find one on a lot in order to try and negotiate the best price possible. Finally, after a lot of frustration, I was able to find a black SC at a local dealer.

Not liking the interior of the black SC (Black seats with red striping) I opted for a Silver (1st choice) or Blue (2nd choice) due to the titanium striping on the interior of these. I negotiated the price and pulled the trigger. However, after a couple of days, my dealer told me that I would not be able to get a Silver SC for quite some time as the plant was no longer producing elements (they were able to find me a blue at another dealership). I had read that the East Liberty plant was shutting down for 8 days in May and June, but didn't believe that they were no longer making elements. When I brought this to the manager's attention, he said that they typically place their orders 4 months in advance and that even if the plant was still making trucks, that it would take a few months for me to get one. Does this make any sense? Why is there such low stock for what seems to be a popular vehicle?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm not sure about why the stock is low but my dealership in mcmurray pennsylvania has 3 09's and 2 used 06's

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Hi everyone.

I have been trying to purchase an 09' SC for the past couple of months. I can't even begin to explain the difficulty I have had finding one at a dealer. It seems like no one has them around here (Toronto area). I was hoping to find one on a lot in order to try and negotiate the best price possible. Finally, after a lot of frustration, I was able to find a black SC at a local dealer.

Not liking the interior of the black SC (Black seats with red striping) I opted for a Silver (1st choice) or Blue (2nd choice) due to the titanium striping on the interior of these. I negotiated the price and pulled the trigger. However, after a couple of days, my dealer told me that I would not be able to get a Silver SC for quite some time as the plant was no longer producing elements (they were able to find me a blue at another dealership). I had read that the East Liberty plant was shutting down for 8 days in May and June, but didn't believe that they were no longer making elements. When I brought this to the manager's attention, he said that they typically place their orders 4 months in advance and that even if the plant was still making trucks, that it would take a few months for me to get one. Does this make any sense? Why is there such low stock for what seems to be a popular vehicle?
My dealer has an Omni Blue Pearl SC w/ Navi in stock - 2%K is the price in the window
Jay Wolfe Honda - Kansas City, Mo.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi everyone.

hey ghard1, I was in the same boat. I got my 09 SC three weeks ago, after waiting a month for dealer to find me one. The E's are hard to come by in Canada because of slow sales compare to other Honda models. My dealer (Richmond Hill Honda) got mine on a trade with another dealer. Richmond Hill Honda has a Blue 09 SC in the showroom and a 09 SC silver demo with I think 6000 km.
You don't have to wait three months to get your E, just ask for dealer trade, or go to another dealer. There aren't a lot of them around but, dealers who have them will do anything to move those E's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replies. Reza, my dealer ended up doing a trade for a Blue SC so I assume it is the one from your dealership. They were not willing to trade the demo for any discount and a couple other silvers in Ontario had accessories on them which were not easy to remove. So I ended up with Blue. I'll post picks as soon as I get it (tomorrow). I think one of the reasons sales are slow is because no one seems to have them on the lot!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes they are hard to get, I wanted a Black SC and there were none available in North Carolina, I had to drive 3 hours to South Carolina to get what I wanted. I love my black SC and it has the silver and balck interior instead of the spiderman red and black.. Pics to come later.. I know of a red sc and 2 gray sc's available at Flow Honda in Winston Salem..

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thanks for all the replies. Reza, my dealer ended up doing a trade for a Blue SC so I assume it is the one from your dealership. They were not willing to trade the demo for any discount and a couple other silvers in Ontario had accessories on them which were not easy to remove. So I ended up with Blue. I'll post picks as soon as I get it (tomorrow). I think one of the reasons sales are slow is because no one seems to have them on the lot!
the blue one at RH Honda has fog lights and spoiler. They wanted $1200 more for those accessories, to which I said no. Then they offered them to me at cost for $800, I said no again, so I passed on the blue SC and told them to find me a silver without those things.
ghard1, where abouts do you live. I live near Yonge St. & 16th Ave.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congrats! I was in the same boat for way too long....
Big January Honda sale, they make an above average offer in writing, but after 2 months, nothing. They now can’t get a 2009 EX 4wd Nav in Alabaster, so they offered me one in PMM and tell me the price when up $1500 (but they'd settle for $650) I tried to order one from another dealer, but they claim the factory closed because of the economy and just keep looking; I’m now fuming in how a company with sales losses of over 30% can be so ho-hum about selling their product.

So after spirited letters to Honda's Sales VP, and the PA AG's office, they offered me the one in PMM at the original deal + some free service maintenance… but it came from a dealer 150 miles away, and that took another 2 weeks.

Conclusion: Patience, Perseverance, and write letters! Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Love the PMM colour. Wish we could get that up here in the great white north! Our Black SC's also only come with the spider man red with black interior which is why I opted for RBP with Titanium and Black interior instead.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes they are hard to get, I wanted a Black SC and there were none available in North Carolina, I had to drive 3 hours to South Carolina to get what I wanted. I love my black SC and it has the silver and balck interior instead of the spiderman red and black.. Pics to come later.. I know of a red sc and 2 gray sc's available at Flow Honda in Winston Salem..
I wanted an OBP EX with navi and Flow was no help. I went to Crown in Greensboro and they found one outside of DC and got it for me. A week later, I am tooling around in my second Element!

When I bought mine in Feb of this year, inventory seemed to be very low. The OBPs were rare and the navis were hard to come by, both together was damn near impossible. Crown went to a lot of trouble to find the exact car I wanted. I bought my first E from them in 2004.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Autotrader search in N.Calif, wide radius. Most dealers seem to have 5 or less in inventory. Obviously not their high-volume leader.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts