Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my element at the front edge of the rear wheel wells i have a gap of about 1/4" - 1/2" between the metal body and the plastic panel. this gap runs for about four-five inches and i am concerned that it will fill with crud and such...

if i was to use expansion foam ( 1x not the 3x ) used for home insulation and then drill upward into it on an angle to provide drainage would this cause any probs ?

to those who do not get undercating ( soundproofing ), get it if you plan on driving on dirt/gravel roads! i test drove an element in the winter and with the salt/sand/grit on the roads you could REALLY here all of the crud-to-metal noises. when i picked up my e i had it rust-proofed and soundproffed and it made a HUGE difference!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I was told by the dealer that the "gap" between the metal and composite (plastic) body parts is intentional. This due to rust problems that develop if they actually touch and rub together. This was Honda's way of doing away with the possible rust problem. I don't know if this is true or not, but this is what the dealer told me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts