Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 EX and I noticed the one of the door trim moldings is coming loose. I tried searching but I don’t know if I’m using the right term for them. Anyway, how are these attached? I’m guessing some kind of 3m tape.

Also, are they supposed to be gray? Or are mine super faded?

Does anyone have a part number or where to look on the OEM part sites?

·
Registered
2007 EX AWD AT (two!)
1,317 Posts
The official name is "Rocker Panel Trim". They were considered an exterior accessory (likely dealer installed) and, as you note, likely just with double sided tape. There is still a sketch of them on Majestic's site that only shows the trim, no attaching hardware. I would carefully remove the trim piece, remove the adhesive tape from both surfaces, and reinstall with new tape.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Get some good 3M double sided tape intended for automotive, not just some cheap double sided tape from the dollar store. Be sure to use one long continuous strip of tape so that there are no gaps along the length of it otherwise water can get in behind there an cause corrosion.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yep, Just tape holds them on...
If you remove them you can get good money for them.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
If you ever take them off, have them put into a 3D scanner....you could make some good money producing your own kit!

·
Registered
384 Posts
If you ever take them off, have them put into a 3D scanner....you could make some good money producing your own kit!
I have been on this mission for some time, I have a couple of rare items that I would have done but the cost is insane..

·
Registered
2010 black SC
37 Posts
What’s a wing?

·
Registered
2010 black SC
37 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts