Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,
i am replacing my rear struts and i ran into a lower strut bolt that is frozen. planning to cut it and drill it out.

anyone know what the specs of the bolt are? does the replacement bolt have to be a certain grade of steel?

thanks in advance for your help.

regards,

PW Gopal

·
EOC Rank: Honda Parts Manager
176 Posts
Why not just get one from the dealer? Takes the guess work out of it and you will know you have the right bolt the first time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, ill see what i can find at lowes.
appreciate the information and the offer for help - i'm a native ohioan myself:)
thanks again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same problem

I purchased two rear strut assemblies and proceeded to install them, did the left rear first, 25 minutes total time, no problems. Proceeded to the right, and seven hours later was stiff sore and mad as all get out. The lower bolt ended up froze to the strut bushing, and my attempts to remove it broke the welded nut loose. Due to the design of the mount any hammering is out of the question. I gave up and decided i would just cut the thing and get a new bolt. Now heres the real problem, parts departments dont stock parts. My truck will be taking up my whole garage for several days while it sits on jackstands waiting for a $4.00 bolt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts