Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have a 2005 E fwd lowered on BC Racing coilovers. Recently i finally took it to get aligned and the shop told me somethings off on the left side because they couldnt get it to toe 100%. They asked if i had crashed that side but it looks like it has been before. He suggested maybe the strut or knuckle is bent (knuckle is cast and struts dont even have a year on them). I had been wanting to lower the front some more so yesterday i finally did. This morning i pull put to get breakfast and i hear a dragging sound. When i look the wheels are towed in. Any ideas on what the issue might be?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not broken or separated, tie rods are new. After talking to someone about it it makes sense as to why. You lower the car therefore the toe will be off. An issue im having is my steering is not straight and both my tie rods are all the way in. Mechanic says something must be bent (knuckle or strut). Nothing looks bent to me though. Before i lowered it more the drivers side tie rod was all the way in. The car was crashed on the drivers side as i can tell by the paint and by the radiator support. They def just tried to straighten it out and fender is kinda crappy. Only option would be to replace everything on the drivers side but im trying to do all that right now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Today i flipped my tie rods and it seems like the bumpsteer is even worse. Was wondering about the rsx spherical tie rods. Are they the same thread?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are those factory Element tierods or RSX tierods modified?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts