Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im thinking of lowering my E but there's so much otpions and different toughts about it that im completly lost!camber no camber,strut,stock shock or not . i want everything but trouble, all i want is to get my E look more agressive and close the gap between my new 20' that im gonna get monday and my fender!the best would be between 1.5'' and 2'' , i was looking for the eibach but considering the h&r,i now know a great place that have been runing for the pas 18years!they have the best price i had and did a great job when they installed my k&n intake last friday! i ll post some pics when i ll get my 20's ...i am seriously looking to lower my e may be not right now but in a near futur so please guys help me out! i simply want the best product and set up as possible without ending with a 5000$ bill and breaking my back all day long ,i live in quebec canada and everyone who lives here know how bad our road are,so not to low ,as smooth as possible and with an hundred $ budget or close too if i dont have the choice like if i have to changed strut or camber.hope to get a lot of post/pics and suggestions!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I current rock on 20x8.5's with Nitto NT555's at 255/35ZR-20. I bought the Tein lowering springs which does about a 2.5" on the front, and 2.1 on the rear. I didnt like the uneven-ness, so I cut the springs in the rear to lower it more to even out with the front.

I then purchased an SPC camber kit. Its a bolt for the front, and an arm for the rear. The front is like $24, and rear is abuot $140. YOU NEED THE CAMBER KIT!! I lowered my car and rolled on the new tires for about 2 months and they were already bald due to the camber/alignment.

Now that I mentioned that, after you lowered your car, and installed your camber kit, go get it aligned by a professional, or you'll be sorry like me. Trust me, cause I been there and pretty sure a few other guys have too like myself :D

Last of all, Im on my stock strut and shock. It is ROUGH like no other. If I had a little more money, I would change it out too. But I got a surprise coming for everybody to see. In a few weeks ;-)

But if I could, I would go lower on the drop. I honestly think theres still a big gap between my tire, and fender IMO. But not everybody likes it super lower, and we all have different taste.
\
Good luck buddy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tomorow i ll get my new 20's installed (do you say installe or installed?...im a french canadian so im not sure lol) and the size of the tire is 275/35/20 (20x8.5)so i know that if i lower it i ll have to mod the fender.ONE THING FOR SURE IS THAT WHEN IT LL BE LOWERED I LL DO AN ALIGNMENT I DID THAT MORE THAN ONCE WHEN I CHANGED WHEELS OR LOWERED A CAR (OUPS sry for the cap) so camber for sure and i ll start with lets say 250$ cnd $ iwas looking more for the eibach set im not really interested by the tein.so the price i had in cnd $ for the eibach set was 600$ installed!
-250$ camber
-600$ eibach pro kit

that makes us 850$...not bad

·
Registered
541 Posts
tomorow i ll get my new 20's installed (do you say installe or installed?...im a french canadian so im not sure lol) and the size of the tire is 275/35/20 (20x8.5)so i know that if i lower it i ll have to mod the fender.ONE THING FOR SURE IS THAT WHEN IT LL BE LOWERED I LL DO AN ALIGNMENT I DID THAT MORE THAN ONCE WHEN I CHANGED WHEELS OR LOWERED A CAR (OUPS sry for the cap) so camber for sure and i ll start with lets say 250$ cnd $ iwas looking more for the eibach set im not really interested by the tein.so the price i had in cnd $ for the eibach set was 600$ installed!
-250$ camber
-600$ eibach pro kit

that makes us 850$...not bad
lol..you had it right the 1st time..installed. although it's oops, not oups ;-)

anyways, sounds like you made your decision...congrats! now get this stuff installed and lets see what your 20's look like dunked on your new suspension! :D

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Our stock struts wont last long, coilovers are the only way to go on the E's, Ksports are coming, teins are available.

·
Registered
562 Posts
there are other options.....kyb is supposed to release struts in the near future for the front. rears allready exist. monroe makes struts for the E. and you can modify RSX struts to fit in different variations. coilovers are probably the easy option though.

·
Registered
117 Posts
there are other options.....kyb is supposed to release struts in the near future for the front. rears allready exist. monroe makes struts for the E. and you can modify RSX struts to fit in different variations. coilovers are probably the easy option though.
^^^^ coilovers.. if i could only afford it at the time, i would have done it in a heart beat!!:-(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts