Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says im trying to lower my 2004 element its an EX 2wd. Ive found a few different brands of springs, and i can't seem to find many strut setups. any suggestions on whats recommended would be great. I am planning on lowering it 1.7 to 2.0 all the way around.

Thanks, Billy

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
you wont really need new struts if you are only going that far. i had eibach prosprings on my 04 and the new owner still has it and it has the original struts. i have eibach prosprings on my 07 with factory struts. the ones on this truck a making noise though, not the struts, the springs and eibach has been less then helpful it fixing the issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you wont really need new struts if you are only going that far. i had eibach prosprings on my 04 and the new owner still has it and it has the original struts. i have eibach prosprings on my 07 with factory struts. the ones on this truck a making noise though, not the struts, the springs and eibach has been less then helpful it fixing the issue.

kool thanks man, if i do put struts on it what are my options?

·
Registered
38 Posts
As far struts go I believe the only options are stock honda struts or Monroe's. KYB is supposed to be coming out with some fronts but have not found where they have been released yet. They do have rears.

I plan on using Eibach springs on my 06 and have 52kmiles on it so I am going to replace the struts at the same time; just not sure which brand to use yet.

I hope this helps you some.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
i would love to put some KYB's on mine. i hade them on a 97 civic hatch i had beack in 99 and they rode great. i just hope someone comes out with something other than the whole coilover kit as that gets expensive even if it is nicer.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Can someone tell me the best value I can get for lowering springs? Are the Eibachs really worth it, or are the Megan's just as good? Also, what is the difference between the 03-06's and the 07-08's? Thanks in advance...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts