Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I finally found some lowering springs for the E. They drop about 2 inches and cost about 230 bucks. Go to www.sprintspring.com and go to contact us and call them and ask about them. They are so new that they don't even have them listed on the site yet, but trust me, they are there. I am going to go pick them up in a day or two. They look good.
-Will

·
Registered
957 Posts
These exact same springs are already being sold on eBay. Bidding is currently at 139.95 with about 21 hours left.

Check it out!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm waiting for the Eibach springs to come out. They should be out very soon, and I trust Eibach more. (plus I sell them, haha) :lol:

·
Registered
76 Posts
hhmmmm.... I lowered mine for.. FREE. Used the stock springs from my '01 Civic. It dropped it 2.5" front and back. It still sits too high for me. I took these pics right after I installed them. The springs settled a half inch since. I guess this is how the Sprint springs would look. Heres a pic, but no 18's

·
Registered
97 Posts
Not a radical looking change. Of course I have the side steps which make the bottom look lower. How is the handling now? Any different than before?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I love seeing people tweak their vehicles, but I must say where is the limit? Lowering a SUV have not seen that yet. Have fun avoid the speed bumps.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not good for country with snow and bad road like here in Quebec :?
The Gas tank protector will hit ground often :roll:

·
Registered
106 Posts
hey Elementon18s, I think it looks great, congrats. I want to do that myself soon. Does it handle noticably better?
Was it an easy install? And the pic labeled "Before", looks like during to me. Is the front half lower already?

I don't really know how to read tire sizes, but it looks like the outer diameter of the tire is the same as the stock Goodyears. True?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No the front half is not lower. I am on a slanted driveway!! But, it does handle amazingly better (i almost feel like I am driving a small car), the tires are much 20 millimeters wider than the stock goodyears, and that is a lot in tire size. I bought the springs, but I didn't install it myself, you can't install springs yourself. I had to take it to a auto performance shop and they installed it for 80 bucks. But beware, I also had to buy a camber kit front and rear, because it slanted the tires a little bit. ANother 130 bucks. See ya

·
Registered
106 Posts
so about $250 all together for the lowering? Not bad at all. I love the idea of a lower center of gravity. I don't want a SUV, i want a tall wagon. I am definately doing this one soon. And it's still cheaper than the Honda foglights!!

But I suppose I should put some nice wheels on first.... Might look funny lowered with the steel wheels on there. damn, a quandry.

Oh and is the total diameter of your set-up (height from ground to top of tire) much greater than the total diameter of the stock Goodyears? Those Michelins look pretty low-profile. Real nice, man.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ya, the tires are pretty low pro. I still need a little sport coming from my GTI...heheh. Thanks for the compliments, and ya I would recommend wheels, even if they aren't that expensive, because if you lower it on stock/steel wheels you will get laughed at. Trust me, I am a generation Yer, and that is one of the biggest "rice rocket" things you can do. However, its very cheap compared to some other mods out there. My recommendation is to get the springs off of ebay. They are the cheapest there. See ya,
will

·
Registered
106 Posts
hey, that's funny, I'm coming out of a GTI also! '95 4cyl. bright seafoam green. what a car. Huh, that's funny.
Yeah I agree, the steel wheels have gotta go. Well, all in due time, I gotta find the money for this madness first.
later.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts