Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
heres mine, gotta clean it and take it somewhere purdy to get some pics that are better but just finished lowering it with a set of prosprings.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Lowering springs, noise gone? And just springs?

Has the issue with the noise disappeared or at least did you find out what was making the sound.

I have been wanting to get the E down another 1 inch from the stock ride height and I'm on a very tight budget. Will just a spring swap eventually blow out the valving in the shocks/struts? Is the inevitable that I should go with coil overs and get the camber correction linkage pieces too?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Has the issue with the noise disappeared or at least did you find out what was making the sound.

I have been wanting to get the E down another 1 inch from the stock ride height and I'm on a very tight budget. Will just a spring swap eventually blow out the valving in the shocks/struts? Is the inevitable that I should go with coil overs and get the camber correction linkage pieces too?

Thanks in advance!
somewhat...

some say that you will eventually damage the struts but i know the guy that has my old SOP that had prosprings on it since 04 and it is still fine. i actually took a ride in it and rode great still and has everything as i left it.

as far as camber kits if you are going with just the prosprings dont waste the money. i know first hand. i didnt even use the front camber bolts that i got and i adjusted the rears to the same length the original ones were to give a base line when the guy did my alignment and they didnt even have to touch them either. toe was off a little but nothing camber related according to the hunter alignment machine... if you are going coilover then get them, if you are just doing springs, dont waste the money on them.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
I ran Eibach Lowering Springs (first pic) for almost two and a half years without any problems at all. Then I switched over to the 'heavy duty' Tein Basic Coil Overs (second pic) and they have been totally excellent for the last two years.

Springs are basically a great way to temporarily lower your vehicle for a few years. Eventually you will have to make the switch because you are compressing the strut and that will ultimately lead to premature wearing of the struts and shocks. When they prematurely wear out, the cost of replacing them is almost as expensive as just switching over to Coil Overs. So if you are buying them with the understanding that they are not a permanent fix, then you'll be fine! ;-)

Chief

Eibach Springs

Tein Basic Coil Overs

·
Registered
562 Posts
it could be done....just need 06 or older struts.

has anyone else noticed popping from the front eibach springs when turning the wheel in a parking lot??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.