Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know of any companies that make a lowering spring for the Element. I'd like to buy one but won't if I can't get springs.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'm looking for some lowering springs also. I think a 2 inch drop would do wonders for the handling.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I found some on NOPI's website...nopi.com...its a two inch drop, priced at 228. If anyone finds any better deals let me know...I also heard that you could use stock civic springs, but I havent found out what year civic yet...I will let you know when I find out more details about that.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Whew - Before using civic springs, I would check very deeply into that. The springs are what supports the entire weight of the car. My E weighs about 1000 lbs more than my 97 civic. The springs on the civic are no where near the size on my E.

·
Registered
9 Posts
very good point. there was a guy on one of the boards i think this one that used civic springs off his fiances car maybe he will chime in on this one. but you make good point on weight i think i will wait for drop springs for the E
steph

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've been looking up on different springs to use to lower my E. I like the ei bach pro kit with the 1.7 drop. Any suggestions on other springs? With that lowering height do you think i would have to angle my car over speed bumps and driveways? I want the clean lower look without the hassle

·
Registered
599 Posts
I just intalled the pro-kit on my E and it seems to ride just fine. Its cuts the wheel gap in half but I have yet to drag on speed bumps or driveways. I think that with the lower center of gravity, the E handles a little bit better too. You might want to purchase a camber kit for the rear because you'll have some serious negative camber when your done. I've also heard the H&R springs ride nice but the Sprint springs are a bit harsh.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I dont speak from experience with lowering an E, but I have lowered a Civic, an Integra, and a Jetta... (each being my own personal cars, not done for someone else) I used H&R on the Jetta: No complaints. I used Eibach on the Integ: No complaints (best of the three) and I used Sprint on the Civic: Rode too rough... felt like cut springs, not replaced ones...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Lowering springs feedback...

any good lowering springs out there any of you would recommend? i know they all have bumpy rides, just looking for the LEAST bumpy ride.

i know TEIN Basic Dampers are the best way to go, but i'm on a tight budget for the meantime and would rather get the coils later when i'm ready.

I've read owners here have H&Rs, Eibach and, Tein S (and some others i can't remember) but never really found a comparison with all the lowering springs out there for the E.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
73 Posts
My Eibach's are pretty good the ride isn't bad at all.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ground Control makes coil-overs there not as nice as the tiens but u can slam the E . i just had them installed on mine , rides as good as the eibachs but about an inch lower. i'm running 19's with 245/40/19 tires and i have NO wheel gap . JUST WATCH OUT FOR POT HOLES! lol

Attachments

·
Registered
620 Posts
g$$ said:
any good lowering springs out there any of you would recommend? i know they all have bumpy rides, just looking for the LEAST bumpy ride.

i know TEIN Basic Dampers are the best way to go, but i'm on a tight budget for the meantime and would rather get the coils later when i'm ready.

I've read owners here have H&Rs, Eibach and, Tein S (and some others i can't remember) but never really found a comparison with all the lowering springs out there for the E.

Thanks in advance
Eibachs ride great. I just happen to have a set for sale. :D

·
Registered
400 Posts
Compan-E Car said:
Ground Control makes coil-overs there not as nice as the tiens but u can slam the E . i just had them installed on mine , rides as good as the eibachs but about an inch lower. i'm running 19's with 245/40/19 tires and i have NO wheel gap . JUST WATCH OUT FOR POT HOLES! lol
I know , i know its not in the same subject but Would you know what would be the biggest size in 19" tires to fit on the E??

I know i read 245/45/19 would fit just wondering if any bigger size then that would fit. by any chance would you have any idea?:-|

·
Registered
71 Posts
thanks

thanks for all the feedback... after much contemplation, i got the E a set of Tein Basic Coilovers. Rides awesome, thanks to E46 JAX here in the forums who sold me his DPE's and i just felt the need to get the right drop for these wheels.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts