Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you believe the miles I've put on Lucy since owning her only since 6/16? Sheeze. Well, a 500 mile r/t to Ikea in Houston can account for a good deal of that. On that one day, I doubled the miles I had on my car.

Let's see, what can I report?

She got her license plates yesterday. It makes me sad that they did not immediately discontinue the Texas license plate with the Space Shuttle on the upper left after the Columbia disaster. :cry: But those are our plates - and perhaps I could come to think of them as a tribute and an inspiration to continue in face of adversity. Yeah, that's a better way to think of it. :)

Accessories: locking gas cap and cargo cover from our friends at H and A. Both supercool. I think I have figured out a way to modify a CaseLogic visor CD holder with extra Velcro and glue to make the straps longer to fit on the big honking visor. Go me! I also picked up a collapsible trunk organizer ($9.99 at PepBoys), and I've already mentioned my yoga/Pilates mat solution so that things don't slip slide away in the rear cargo area.

Stereo - haven't decided yet. I'll do this when I get back in town on the 20th. I'm dying for serious sound.

Speaking of sound, I really am considering the Fiamm El Grande Twin. I like to honk like I mean it, which I do. PepBoys wants $50 to install it though, making the price about $75. Feh!

Security - I'm going away this week so I want to have my car not only locked but alarmed in my drive way under the carport. (I don't have a garage.) So I'll probably do that this afternoon.

Lucy has had 3 baths, one of which was in a touchfree car wash, two of which were at car wash stalls with a wand. The overspray of tire dressing on the alloy wheels was corrected, the Vinylex seems to be doing its job, I keep a little Swiffer duster and a tube of Orange Glo wipes in the car. Plus a roll of paper towel, a tiny dusting pan and whisk, and an absorber towel. I have become a clean car freak, as well as the other kinds of freak I already have been for some time.

Driving: nothing but pure pleasure. Zips where I want to zip, stopped quite fast the other day when a neighbor's cat decided to chase a squirrel across the street, smooth, nothing but fun to steer, and hauled butt up a hill in Oak Cliff yesterday.

Mileage: 23 mpg, baby. That suprised me, as I mostly do city driving. While I'm not much of a leadfoot, I've never made a huge effort to drive in a way that will conserve fuel. Fortunately, it's not my natural tendency to slam on the brakes at the last possible second at a stop light. Still can't put more than 11.5 gallons in the car when the fuel light comes on and the needle is right on "E".

I've waved at every other Element I've seen - today a black and a silver, both on my usual route of Abrams Road - and been fortunate enough not to get any "Uglee car!" remarks. That's okay if I do. And if someone is really rude, my middle finger works just fine up in the air, like it does on a keyboard.

My motherinlaw, with the short legs, complained of getting out of the car and thought that the side step was entirely too narrow. She was exiting on my side of the car and I reached in my arm and scooped her out. I did not witness her partner on the other side of the car, a lady who makes me look like Twiggy, exiting the car, and you know, I'm glad about that. Mom-in-law also complained about the rear seats sitting higher and creating an 'unstable and high center of gravity' I told her she wasn't sitting any higher, and in fact lower, than she sat in my Trooper.

Lalala. Who cares? My mother-in-law would complain about a pot of gold being dropped in her lap because she'd have to pay tax on it. Life, for her, is a pot of crap soup, that she has been forced to stir. La la la. Whatever.

Single problem I've had: getting rear seats out and back in is really a pain in the rear. I'm just not doing something right. But that's okay. I'll probably leave them there for quite some time. And help is available at the friendly Honda dealership over on Lemmon.

Happiness: on a scale of 1 to 10, I'm at about a 19. Happy Kim. Happy Lucy. :lol: :wink: :D :!:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:twisted:

Happiness: on a scale of 1 to 10 I'm about a 43. Happy Kim! :D Happy Lucy! :D It's all good! :!:

If I'm scarce the next 10 days or so it's because I'm at a conference in Seattle. So don't talk badly about me when I'm not around. :evil:

Best wishes to all!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Kim-

So glad that you are Lucy are doing fabulous together! Have fun in Seattle! It is a great city! Safe travels to you!

Just think about how happy you will be to return to Lucy!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I picked my E up on june 27th and have already passed 600 miles today! :p Been to the drive in twice, back and fourth to work, and spent time just cruising with the wife and two boys. my gas milage has not been so good, I figure 18 mpg ( I am a lead foot though) and run the a/c non stop :D Oh and let her idle while I nap on my lunch brakes :roll: great vehicle for naps (I have matching pillows) Galapagos green of course.

Had my accessories installed on tuesday of this week, side steps, mud guards, rear spoiler, roof rack and seat bungies.

My E has gone through the carwash twice and the guys at the dealership washed her and shined up her wheels when my accessories were installed.

I have not waved at any other E drivers yet I have only seen 7 of them so far and some of those were parked, I love being the odd ball! most people that have seen her were not too sure untill I showed them close up then they fell in love with her. No ugly comments yet, I do have one guy that calls it a korean ambulance and is waiting for a stretcher to be pulled out from the back :twisted: I think she looks German. My wife calls it the green booger!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts