Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I searched around a little and couldn't find any other posts on this and I'm interested in your experiences with this.
Here goes.........

Do any of you E owners have a problem with your lug nuts coming loose and falling off ??

Yeah I know, you can all have a lot of fun with that one !

But I'm serious, I've had this happen to me at LEAST 3 times, maybe more that I'm not aware of. It starts with a cyclical, metallic noise, faintly at first. But over a short amount of time, as little as 30 minutes, it gets louder and louder, till it sounds like the wheel will come off !

As I said, this has happened more than once and the last few times I had it to the dealer to check it out, they told me I was missing a lug nut ( again, have fun with it ).

Now, just yesterday, I had it in to my tire dealer for the 5,000 mi. "lifetime" free rotation, and I see that one of the rear lug nuts is NOT on, AND the stud looks a little chewed up too. So, I call in right away and I'm takin' it back in today, hopefully with NO hassle !

Now I'm starting to think that this could have been my problem all along BUT, I really don't know for sure. Have any of you had similar problems ?

Thanks for any replies.

See ya.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
We all knew you had some screws loose, but nuts & bolts too!? :twisted: :lol:

My off the cuff guess is that at some point the lug nuts on your E were vastly over-tightened by some over-eager kiddie who just got turned loose with the impact wrench, damaging the studs. From then on, when you put the nuts on they'll FEEL tight but with the damaged threads they won't hold correctly. Just an educated guess.

Definitely keep us posted on this!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
i think Twi's got the best answer so far.

the only thing i could think of is: is your vehicle parked outside and do you have mischievous kids in the neighborhood?

·
Registered
188 Posts
i think Twi's got the best answer so far.

the only thing i could think of is: is your vehicle parked outside and do you have mischievous kids in the neighborhood?
I had to stand on my wrench to loosen the nuts last month , mischievous kids don't have the time or energy for that ... LOL get your mechanic a ' dog bone ' torque limiter for the tire station.... don't lube the studs , as for mischief , when you see those florescent arrow indicators on truck nuts , move one, one notch ...to the left .... ;-)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts