Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What do you think? Seems like a LX is a better Value. Do you guy's think the EX is worth the extra cash? I'm thinking either way the E will get a new radio with Blue-tooth feature. Honda said they can add BT for $715.00:shock: I can buy a very nice after market for less than that installed. Can't believe no Blue tooth option. Scion adds it at the dealer for $299.

Just waiting for the Cash for Clunkers bill to pass then I'm off to buy. Can't decide between Omni Blue, Citrus Fire, or Basic old Black.....?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I bought an LX because I thought it was a better value. I haven't looked at the 09's, but for 08 the difference was fancier wheels, painted panels, and a better sound system. If you don't need/want the fancier wheels and painted panels, go for the LX.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
In 2005 I opted for the LX. The differences were ABS, the stereo, and a couple other things like the back seat bungies and overhead storage, the alloy wheels...

I was able to pick up a clarion HU with Bluetooth for $50 off clearance on Crutchfield. I found a set of '05 Acura MDX alloys with newish tires for $500 here on the trading post forum. So I'm pretty happy. But I really would like the extra little storage unit overhead and the backseat bungies. I've been watching the boards and eBay for the overhead storage. A how-to is listed here in the forums. But I haven't found a solution for behind the seat storage I like. I always have a lot of little things floating around my E. The plastic floor enable them to slide all over the damn place.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is pretty much what I can find that you get on an EX that you don't on an LX.

Alloy Wheels
Chrome Exhaust Finisher
Steering Wheel-Mounted Audio
Overhead Storage Compartment
Map Lights
Rear 12-Volt Power Outlet
Driver- and Passenger-Side Seatback Pockets
Driver-Side Seatback Bungees, Front and Rear
Center Console
Rear Water-Resistant FXC Seat Fabric
270-Watt XM Audio System with 7 Speakers & Subwoofer
MP3/Auxiliary Input Jack
Exterior Temperature Gage

Worth $2000.00? I don't know being I'm replacing the radio to get blue tooth any way.

·
Registered
288 Posts
And let's not forget that the EX(at least for '08) included an armrest for the front passenger seat!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
have an LX and am happy

I bought a new 2009 2wd LX for $17500 plus tax, tags and freight

The only thing I don't like is that the lx doesn't come with arm rests... a must have... but I ordered 2 OEM arm rests and will just install myself.. for $171 for both including shipping.. a rip off, but better than $2k more for an ex

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
20 Posts
armrest too wide and no color match

Yeah, I saw that armrest, but it looks like a fat pig of a different color than the titanium interior.... and I am not sure the passenger can use the armrest, whereas I got 2 OEM armrests that match the interior and the driver AND passenger have their own armrest... 2 armrests for $171 shipped...

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm an EX gal myself but I had to have AWD and the extra's I love:

Alloy Wheels
Steering Wheel-Mounted Audio
Overhead Storage Compartment
Map Lights
Rear 12-Volt Power Outlet
Driver-Side Seatback Bungees, Front and Rear
Rear Water-Resistant FXC Seat Fabric
270-Watt XM Audio System with 7 Speakers & Subwoofer