Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I perchased our element a few months ago. We notice after a few washes that the plastic panels started to fade and appear blachy. Has anyone had this problem. If so how can I fix it. I live on the West Coast It could be the salt air although I haven't noticed this problem on other E's. I'm also wondering if it could be the hard water we've washed it with. Should I use a brush? Should I use wax on the panels? Is there an Armorall product I can use? Please help. :?

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Panel anxiety is a common affliction. Lots of discussion on the Wax On, Wax Off forum. Several options, many opinions, but one response is almost universal...DON'T use Armor All on the panels and don't wax them (okay, that's two responses). I personally use Mother's Back To Black occasionally and have used Simple Green and a scrub brush to get rid of ground in dirt, but a regular wash is usually good enough.

·
Registered
703 Posts
this is what works great for me and very inexpensive. made by a german company and the product is called 1z (1Z tiefenpfleger for vinel and rubber and plastic) they have a huge line of car detailing stuff. it is a sprey for plastic car parts. my car is used for car shows every weekend so i had to wash and detail it once a week and the fade does happen very often.
it cost about $5 to $10 depeneding on which kind you use.
but it works like a charm. it shines it right up and last for about 2 to 3 washes before you have to reapply. it even works great on gas spills on plastic. and also works great on the iterior stuff...but gets slipery.
Mothers sprey stuff works will too (but i use it on my metal parts) but the 1Z realy brings out the shine in the plastic.
if you are around southern cali i can send some to you from my office here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts