Honda Element Owners Club banner

Do you keep ALL of your maintenance records?

• Hell yeah, I'm on top of it.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Just oil changes mostly.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • What records? Mine are the only hands to touch my baby!

Votes: 1 12.5%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys save them religiously from everything maintenance related you do to your E? Tire checks, oil changes, tune-ups? I only ask because If you ever were to sell, would you expect a slightly higher than average selling price if you had all this info? Or are you just the type that keeps it in a shoe-box somewhere.

O yeah, this doesn't really apply to the do-it-yourselfers, unless yall keep the sales reciepts! :rolleyes:

When i traded in my Pontiac, I had all the records from EVERYTHING and it seemed the dealer didn't give a flip. Wonder why this is...

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
None of the answers fit me and mine.

Everything has been DIY. Pushing 100k miles and never been to a dealer or independant shop. (Only time on a lift if for tires & state safety inspection)

I haven't bothered with most sales receipts, but I keep a carefull record of what maintenance I've performed.

I'm not worried about resale, this is gonna be my Boy's first car. (He is 3-1/2now)

Dealers don't give a flip about maintenance...but many buyers would if you were to sell privately.

Age/miles matter too. The older, more used the vehicle is, the more that stuff matters to getting top dollar. On a 2year old car w/ 20k miles it wouldn't affect the price at all, but start pushing 150k miles on the same car in a few more years, and watch the service and repair records add 30% (or more) to the selling price in a private sale.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have had good luck with my dealership. If I become dis-satisfied with the service, or feel like I have been ripped off, I will become the DIY tech. and do everything required according to the schedule. (I only have 60,000 miles this week, so it has low miles on it):cool:

·
Registered
997 Posts
When I rotate, check oil, change oil, or anything else notable, I write it in my notebook in the car. Date and mileage. (Oil Check is a check mark on right noted at fillup.)

Tire pressure? Not so much, because it is only function of the tires. However, one may assume that I do it in the morning, once per month at least.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Dealer has it all on record. On my last two cars my mechanic had all on record and just printed it off when I sold them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts